Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is the best way of dealing with gender dysphoria

Sparrow555 March 11th

I'm Non-Binary (They/He), I get really bad dysphoria that I just don't know how to deal with.

Hey dude! Probably not the best to talk (I'm not even out yet haha) but what worked for me is taking it one step at a time, making small improvements. It's hard to know what you want your life to look like when you feel repressed and alone in your experience. Thankfully, you don't have to rush it. I spent a lot of time observing what other people do and how they present, and thought about in what aspects I wanted to be like them.

Another aspect is to take into account what you can do. For example, I couldn't cut my hair just because without getting judging looks, but I could mumble something about hair donation and get away with it. I couldn't buy binders, but I could buy sport bras and wear layers. What I'm trying to say is, even if you can't have access to what you want yet, you could manage something similar in the meantime

Also, working out. It's kindof intimidating at first, but Damm it makes a difference.

Lastly, get in touch with the community, either in real life or online. As a young adult queer who spent most of their teens feeling alone, I can assure you are definitely not. Don't isolate yourself.

Dont worry, It gets better kid

Sparrow555 OP March 14th

@affectionatePine7333

Thank you so much 😊