Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Looking for someone with knowledge of HIV

lnzB September 9th

I'm worried about an encounter with another guy...

So here is the full scenario:

This other person groped my crotch while my clothes were still on.  I was wearing cotton boxers and drifit shorts at that time.  He touched the outside of my crotch and made contact only with my boxers and shorts.  I felt his hands on my ***, but on the outside.  We then hugged. I was wearing a tank top and he was wearing a shirt.  We both had no visible sores or anything.  I was also wearing a mask.  After a discussion with that person, he claims he was negative for HIV after getting tested last June 2024 and other prior HIV tests although I do not know what kinds of tests he took to illicit a negative reading for all of them.  He claims also to be STI-free.  So, based on that, what is my risk of contracting HIV?

Aayla September 9th
@lnzB being afraid of STDs is normal, but if the contact happened with your clothes on, you have nothing to worry about. The transmission would require skin to skin contact and it can happen through genital sex, *** sex or oral sex. Any other form of contact is not dangerous. In the case of HIV, it is also possible to transmit it through blood contact. So don't be worried, you seem to be safe!

Here are some tips to stay safe in the future:
- always use protections when you have any type of sexual contact, including oral: always bring a condom with you and if none of you have it, refuse any type of sexual (non-clothed) contact.
- regularly test for STDs and have your partner go through the tests as well. To feel safer, ask your partner to show you the results, especially if it's not a regular partner and you're not sure if you can trust their word when they say they tested.
- be safe but don't panic, remember that most STDs can be cured. Even HIV is not as dangerous as it once was: if you're positive to HIV, there are therapies that allow you to leave a pretty normal life and even to avoid transmitting it to others.
- don't let anyone push you into breaking your safety rules. If they're not willing to play it safe, they don't care enough about your health, it's not worth it!
lnzB OP September 9th

Thanks for your response! I appreciate it!

lnzB OP September 9th

So even if they touched my genitals but through my shoets and boxers, I'm still not at risk?

Aayla September 9th
@lnzB yes, the type of contact you had poses no risk to you. If you have any other doubts or worries, feel free to ask!