Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PL 101: Introduce Yourself! (Discussion 1)

GlenM June 29th, 2020

Welcome to our first course in the Leadership Development Program! I am very excited to get this going. This has been something we've wanted to do for the last several months and at long last it is here. Please find the course description below. Please also introduce yourself and let us (if comfortable) where you are from and a recent book or movie you have enjoyed. I'll get us started!

Course Description: You have personal gifts and strengths that can help you in life and also help other people. Identifying, amplifying, and deliberately building those strengths enables you to have a better personal life, professional life, and also enables you to more effectively serve others in our community. People sometimes make the mistake of focusing too much on their weaknesses. This can help, but deliberately building your strengths will get you much further in life and in your career. This course provides links to personality testing (MBTI, Big 5) where you can learn to identify your personality style and strengths. It helps you understand how to match your strengths to roles in the 7 Cups community and enables you to find a career path that will be fulfilling. Join other new leaders in individual and group learning exercises.

Please note: In order to successfully complete the LDP, you must respond to all discussion posts. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

Readylistener April 7th, 2021

@GlenM Hi everyone! I'm Readylistener and I'm from India. I enjoy reading and some of my favourite authors include Cassandra Clare and Rick Riordan :) <3

generouswings April 7th, 2021

@GlenM

Hey! It's generouswings this side. I'm an 18 year old, who just transitioned from being a teen listener to an adult one. It has been a wonderful experience at 7 cups, and it has helped me in many different ways in real life.
Well, coming to introducing myself, I'd like to mention that I'm a high- school student. I have Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Economics, English and Physical Education as my subjects. I know it sounds a lot for a high school senior, but we have to take 5 or more subjects to graduate, so it's a lot of pressure. xD

Hope you're doing good too. Hoping to have a great conversion with you soon!
Take care❤️

shallowWater7547 May 3rd, 2021

@generouswings

I had total six subjects in high school and i also had physics, mathematics and physical education as my subjects same as you.

Best wishes for your high school years.

loveagape April 11th, 2021

My name is LoveAgape

I love table games. I love music. I love making deserts. I love to read. I love to do research!

confidentpanda April 11th, 2021

Hi! I'm Leah, and my favorite movie right now is The Greatest Showman!

EmpathicPikachu April 11th, 2021

Hello, I am Jehanzeb from Pakistan. I am a final year medical student at the time of writing this post. I like reading ( Sci Fiction, History, Fantasy, etc.) , listening to songs ( about spirituality, motivation and self belief ), watching movies (Comedy, Sci Fi, Action, Thriller ) , Playing games, Interacting with people from all over and exploring new things about myself every day.

Personal goals : I want to get better at my active listening skills and challenge myself to be more organized in life.

Professional goals : I am undecided between Pediatrician, Psychiatrist or Cardiologist so lets see where I end up.

Thank you for reading it ( I know it was long but I do not know how to introduce myself :P )

Cheers!

Cristen April 12th, 2021

Hello everyone! The name's Cristen!
A recent movie I've watched is a supposedly B-rated action thriller movie titled Shark Lake featuring Dolph Lundgren.
I actually picked it randomly to watch with a friend thinking it was a horror XD oops! It wasn't that bad of a movie luckily, just kinda funny XP

amiableFig7651 April 12th, 2021

Hi i am AmiableFig, I am from India. I am on 7 cups since July, someone suggested me to coe here. I alsways come here to talk to starngers when i need company, i feel wholsomness here. I love movies, filmakking, music. Learning Pio=ano, an dyeah just doing fine!!smiley

SweetDreamer69 April 12th, 2021

Hey everyone! I'm Dimple. I'm from Mumbai, India! I've been a listener on 7 cups for almost 5 years now Well, the recent movie that I enjoyed was Tom and Jerry. And my all time favourite book is A think beyond forever ❤

compassionateTree4567 April 17th, 2021

@GlenM

I am tree. I enjoy simple things, whether it'd be a movie or a coffee :)

MarleyR April 18th, 2021

I'm Marley. I'm from Massachusetts. My favorite musical is Heathers and my favorite Heather is Heather Chandler, with McNamara as a close second.

kissemdiesel April 19th, 2021

Hello, my name is jesse and i was born in western new york near buffalo, moved to pensacola when i was 10 then to dallas texas when i was 29. Im 40 now and my best friend is a german shepherd named blondie. Hope i didnt make this post too long.

Banjothebudgie May 3rd, 2021

@MarleyR

Yesss another musical love. I also love Heathers!

compassionateTree4567 April 19th, 2021

@GlenM

hi,

i am tree and I love listening to music of all sorts. Although, nothing beats 80's music. :P

@compassionateTree4567

Yesss trees are the best!

peacefulIris56 May 3rd, 2021

@compassionateTree4567

It's nice to meet you tree. Music is a part of the soul.

giggleZebra2708 April 19th, 2021

Hello beautiful people

I am GiggleZebra aka Niya and its a pleasure to get to know you all. I am from Singapore. I love to sing, dance haphazardly, write and volunteer.

@giggleZebra2708

Hello giggleZebra.

giggleZebra2708 May 3rd, 2021

Hello ❤️ peacefullris56

reliablePomegranate7448 April 22nd, 2021

@GlenM Hi, I'm Niya. I live in India. I love mysteries and scrabble.

@reliablePomegranate7448

Scrable is so underated in my opinion :)

FeatherIce25 April 22nd, 2021

Hello everyone,

I am from India and I have recently returned to listening after originally joining in 2015. I love the book a thousand splendid sun by Khaled Hosseini.

@FeatherIce25

Hello FeatherIce. Welcome back.

Enbyowl April 26th, 2021

Hi! I'm Anna, I live in NJ. A recent book I liked was All the Bright Places

Suryansh April 27th, 2021

Hello Everyone! I am Suryansh Singh and I am from India. I have recently read the novel "The Merchant of Venice" by Willian Shakespeare and the book was good as a whole. I enjoy being on 7 Cups and supporting peoples. my journey on 7 Cups so far has really been so great! Thank You

Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

MoonlitSunflower April 28th, 2021

Hi everyone, I’m Penny (not real name), Im in California, for now. At the moment I am enjoying Sigmund Freud, The Future of an Illusion. Its a small book only 71 pgs but its part of a series, I am hoping to continue, once I get everything figured out and settled. Im not sure if I’m late to this but, it is something I am interested in very much. My father runs his own business but hasn’t progressed very far cus he lacks control when it comes to his finances. He enjoys luxury he cannot afford. Good leader, very persuasive, but not a very fair person.

FawkesCare12 April 28th, 2021

Hello everyone.

I go by FawkesCare on 7Cups (not what my parents named me). I'm from Sri Lanka. I am an avid reader but am currently re-reading Harry Potter (it’s my go-to book)

irenemo April 28th, 2021

@GlenM 

Hello! I am Irene from Ukraine. One of the TV shows I enjoyed recently was The Good Place. It's fun and makes you rethink certain life views, especially your intentions...

IcicleSnown April 29th, 2021

@GlenM

Hello, my name is IcicleSnown. I am from the United States, and it is a pleasure to be here. One recent movie that I’ve enjoyed is “Wonder”, which I have seen before. I do recommend it because it is one of those inspirational films. It’s a film that shows how things really are in life, and that shows perseverance. I often misspell perseverance, but I try. I am determined to become a very good leader, and I’ll do whatever it takes. I’ll get to that “light at the end of the tunnel”.

kindheartedWords6803 April 29th, 2021

Hello everyone,

I'm Evangel and I'm from Ghana. The book I recently read was The silent patient and I really loved the book.

kindheartedWords6803 April 29th, 2021

Hello everyone,

I'm Evangel and I'm from Ghana. The book I recently read was The silent patient and I really loved the book.

Hi I am Banjo I was born in Chicago USA. I have a Golden retriever called muchy who ironically doesnt retrieve. Have a great day.

shallowWater7547 May 3rd, 2021

@GlenM

Hii everyone!! I'm Siya from India and I'm really excited to start this new journey. I love travelling and cooking. I also do sketching in my free time.

I'm currently reading “ The Kite Runner ” by Khaled Hosseini.

Hello. I am PeacefulIris56. I like to connect with people and make positive contributions to this world.

Ethan May 10th, 2021

@peacefulIris56 Hiya peacefull, that's awesome!! Good luck on the program :)

peacefulIris56 May 10th, 2021

Thank you. Good luck to you as well.

Lotusizmyname May 3rd, 2021

Hi My name is Lotus. I’m in California, and this is my second round at 7Cups. I simply love this entire forum concept,Glenn, and the innovative characteristics it portrays for people with all sorts of challenging adversities. I recently watched “Unhinged “, with Russell Crowe, on Prime. Very interesting message for those that drive... A must... see movie. Peace ✌🏾

Lotusizmyname May 3rd, 2021

Hi My name is Lotus. I’m in the California area. This is my second round at 7 Cups. I simply love this forum concept, and how it innovates those with all... sorts of challenging adversities. I recently viewed the movie, “Unhinged “ with Russell Crowe on Prime. This movie is a must see, for those that drive in any kind of traffic. Peace ✌🏾

Ethan May 10th, 2021

@Lotusizmyname Hi Lotus, welcome back to 7cups :D