Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Free therapy for the most dedicated of givers at Cups.

Sasher December 11th, 2023

Hi @GlenM, thanks for creating this platform and a place where people have the opportunity to meet other beautiful souls, (albeit through text).

I have a couple of people I'd like to volunteer for free therapy - @AmiablePeace and @Soulsings - the work they've done for you and the community over the years is commemorable. They're the biggest asset to the community in my experience here. 

I'd like to nominate them both for free therapy with a therapist of their choice and urge you to make this possible as a way to support them in supporting you and in acknowledgement, and thanks, for all that they've done and given here.

I bid you a peaceful day, and hope you're able to make this possible. Sasha 🙏 

soulsings December 12th, 2023

@Sasher you really made my day with your kind and appreciative words. It is so wonderful to be appreciated.

I am not sure know that when I give to others I receive so much in terms of feeling helpful to others, having a meaningful life and being aware of how wonderful life is. I feel really blessed to have this opportunity. Thank you Sasher for thinking of me. 

Sasher OP December 27th, 2023

@Soulsings, hope you're well 🙏

Missed you guys 

soulsings December 27th, 2023

@Sasher thanks godd to know you remembered me. All is well we are back doing discussions again drop in when you can. 

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 12th, 2023

@amiablepeace77 <3

Sasher OP December 12th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou thanks 

amiablePeace77 December 12th, 2023

@Sasher

Your words of appreciation mean so much to me, thank you Sasher!  The people and the work I do here mean a lot to me and it deeply touches my heart to hear that people feel grateful for it. I feel blessed having the opportunity to volunteer here.

Sasher OP December 12th, 2023

@iampapaya this exactly. 💯 

SparkyGizmo January 1st

@iampapaya

❤️❤️❤️

Sasher OP December 15th, 2023

Anyway @GlenM can see this request or that it can be passed on to him? 

Sasher OP December 18th, 2023

@Sasher not sure who to tag in this or how to get it to @GlenM directly 

SparkyGizmo January 1st

@Sasher

Hi Sasher! 😊 ❤️ Thank you for your forum post, for noticing the efforts of 2 very strong leaders here in our community and for reaching out on their behalf to nominate them to receive such a gift! 🎁

This is so very beautiful for me to witness. Thank you for taking a humanistic approach to being here on the platform, for knowing in your heart that listeners are human beings too, with a heart, a pulse, a soul and feelings that exist behind the screen. 

I could not agree with you more. My thoughts are that even if we as listeners thought we may not need therapy when first coming here, if we work hard, dig down deep in an effort to help others and remain here for years.....well, hmmm...some of us could get quite a few emotional bumps and bruises along the way in our journey and quest to be of service to others. 

Being a strong leader and helping others, having certain interactions, being treated in negative ways because of behavioral problems of others can really take a toll on us. As time goes on, the bad actors and disrupters many times are found out and are asked to leave. I have complete faith in administration and they are not foolish people. They will figure things out eventually and with that, things do take time to do so. 

Either way, the way people treat us can change us as human beings over time and especially if we experience layer after layer of negative treatment.

I imagine therapy, spending time with a trained and licensed clinician could be good for any one and my understanding is that even therapists receive therapy of their own before becoming licensed as well as all through out their career. No shame in seeking help and support. I too have recently considered the possibility of reaching out for a month of therapy just to tease some things apart, decompress and in a fully uncensored way in relation to my journey as a volunteer. Gosh, who wouldn't benefit from a nice recharge? 😊

Sasher, thanks again for being such an amazing teammate, looking out for others, being so incredibly thoughtful and kind. ❤️

*high fives* 😊 and *hugs* ❤️

Sasher OP January 1st

@SparkyGizmo ♥ 

SparkyGizmo January 1st

@Sasher

❤️❤️❤️

Sasher OP January 1st

@SparkyGizmo sorry I didn't respond. Speechless. Just grateful for you words 

TrueSight January 1st

I'd love to nominate a rising active listener named ThoughLight. His reviews say it all. Super desdicated, for self less and the ability to use a broad base of therapy skills, get into your shoes and really change your perspective. He pours his heart and soul into other's problems. He really deserves and needs this. You will be blessed to get to meet him. He loves to help more than anything. Let's extend him this offer. He'd never seek it himself out of thinking others should get it. 

Sasher OP January 1st

@TrueSight bless you.

I'm not sure they'll even offer it to Souls and Amiable tbh. They've dedicated a lot, for a very long time. 

TrueSight January 2nd

@Sasher I have a defense for this individual that provides more evidence that the therapy will actually be of critical help. Not just a fun perk. We should all gather to support a fellow peer in need. Therapy that could actually help save a life. Why does so much misery fall on those who selflessly do so much good. I'd hope quality, impact and actual need could trump just the fact someone has been here longer. It's possible to accomplish more in a short amount of time that someone accomplishes in a longer period of time. I just hope it's seen help to bless the person with free therapy when they have more need for the therapy and can take better use of it. I came across this randomly and realized this is his best chance. He wouldn't be thrilled if he knew he was being openly boasted about. Is there anyone I can message to support my nomination further...within the rules guideline. I've known him years before he then I joined 7 Cups. I'm seeing it in real life but have to avoid those details in depth. It's just the only available solution at this point and there has to be some meaning in me coming across this randomly. If we are to believe the great Dr. Carl Jung. 

Sasher OP January 2nd

@TrueSight I understand your concern and do feel there is more need to protect the vulnerability of users with mental health problems here. It's common for people suffering with mental health problems to overgive and I understand the damage that can cause firsthand. I do hope yourself and your listener are able to look after yourselves as best as possible and get the support you need. 

I think you may have misunderstood my post. I have no control or power here and I'm a member like yourself with no connection to anyone who has power here. This post is me simply making a request to 7cups that they consider offering free therapy to some of the volenteers. It looks unlikely that they will. 

TrueSight January 2nd

@Sasher ohhhh I completely misinterpreted. I apologize. Well thankfully my listener friend is the expert on self care and taking listener breaks. He posts on it in forums and helps other listeners decide if they should take them. He knows when to step back if listening is affecting his health. His posts are pretty popular on the matter. He's very self aware. 

Sasher OP January 2nd

@TrueSight 👍 not a problem :) 

GlenM January 2nd

Thanks for tagging me in this thread! I appreciate it and the thoughts too! 

One challenge we have with therapy is that it isn't free (why we started 7 cups!). I wish it was, but it is still fairly expensive. Now, that said, therapy on 7 Cups is a lot more affordable than most other places. Most therapists I know charge around $150-$200 a session cash (no insurance accepted) which is around $600-$800/month. We have phenomenal therapists here that work with us at a fraction of that cost, which is very kind and generous of them.

Let me talk with Lisa about this request and update you. In some situations, I have covered the cost of therapy for people that I know or have reached out. 7 Cups proper is not really in a financial situation where it could do this, but I could help personally. I'll talk with Lisa and then reach out to the folks mentioned here 1:1.