Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Middle Child Diary Log

orangeThinker13 September 16th, 2023

Diary log - September 17, 2023

I can't shake this feeling that's been gnawing at me. It's like a constant shadow lurking in the background, questioning the choices I've made and where my life is heading.

Today time seemed to tick painfully slow as I half-assed punch the data into spreadsheets and checked every email that I have to send. Is this what I envisioned for myself? Everything is repetitive.

I can't help but compare myself to others my age who seem to have it all figured out – successful careers, exciting adventures, and meaningful relationships. And here I am, barely scraping by, feeling like I'm just going through the motions.

The worst part is the uncertainty that accompanies my job. I feel like there's no real sense of accomplishment or fulfillment in what I do. I just live from paycheck to paycheck. Paying bills, funding my sibling's education, taking care of our niece, and on top of that, my mom endorses me to our relatives, that I can lend them money?!

I tried to distract myself with some self-help articles during break, searching for answers on how to navigate this crisis. "Follow your passion," they say. But what if I don't even know what that is anymore? It's easier said than done. I have a lot of responsibility and don't have the luxury to follow any of that stuff anymore. I guess this is just a burnout, might just need to read a few manga's on the weekend to recharge.

At the end of the day, I'm left wondering if this is just a phase, maybe the reason why I'm tired with everything is because I'm just being too hard on myself. Maybe I need to give it more time and trust the process.

For now, even though I have moments when I want to surrender to the despair and uncertainty, I push through. I remind myself that someday my sisters will finish their degrees, and I'll find the clarity and purpose I so desperately seek.

_

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 24th, 2023

@orangeThinker13

I'm unsure if replies are welcome here hehe but a big YAYyy for you for creating a space to share about your thoughts! πŸ’›

orangeThinker13 OP September 24th, 2023

They sure are!

Haven't updated recently due to work related stuff. Thanks for the feedback! πŸ˜‰

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 24th, 2023

@orangeThinker13 Aw glad to hear that and no worries, you can share here at your pace. <3

orangeThinker13 OP September 29th, 2023

September 29, 2023

Haven't updated for a while, too much stuff going on.

I quit my job. Living off my savings while supporting my fam. Might run out of money soon but I'm procrastinating in finding a new job and adjusting in taking care of my niece.

I kinda feel bad quitting my regular job but its just too much, getting home late and getting up early just to take someone to school in the morning. I actually feel suffocated with everything. I want to run away sometimes but when I see my niece, I wanna cry... I can't abandon her like her mother.

I started this just to get a load off my chest... I can't share this with people around me in real life 'cause I don't want to burden them. I love my fam but it's kinda getting hard for me to take up all of these responsibilities. I hope I'll get through this soon.

-