Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Childhood unmet needs

anonyTortoise3336 March 3rd

For a long time people have talked about trauma and resilience. But as children we all had needs, needs that were supposed to be met by our family and care givers. I’m no learning about childhood unmet needs and the impact it has on us years after we have grown from children to adults. How we at times make decisions that we ourselves wonder why would I do that. As I look at my struggle to form meaningful relationships with others. Filling the gap with work because work won’t leave, work won’t hurt, work doesn’t need vulnerability. How do I risk filling the love and acceptance I need without risking my sanity. Is it better to be broken and functional than to risk vulnerability and breaking completely.

PineTreeTree March 3rd

@anonyTortoise3336 Consider that growing your capacity to love may melt what seems like hard boundaries. Start with self love. Give you what your parents did not. Then you’ll be strong enough to weather the storms of other relationships. You may find a little risk is worth the emended reward and that, no, you don’t break when a relationship doesn’t go well. It’s all just part of the deal and that’s ok. .