Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Share your experiences

Aileen1114117 July 3rd, 2022

Feel free to share you experiences here!šŸ˜€

Maybe share your progress from last year until now!

Maybe share your experience about your first time in 7 cups!

But if you can't remember much, that's okay.

These are the questions that help you share your experience!

-when did you join 7 cups?

-why did you join 7 cups?

-what problem bothers you the most?

-is there anything special that someone ever said to you?

-what insight do you get from your experience?

My experience:

I joined 7 cups at October 2021, I joined 7 cups because my parents don't like to talk about mental health and my parents weren't supportive. They thought I was being dramatic and overreacting. But in reality, it's normal for teens like me to feel this way.

It was hard for me to focus on daily activities.

It was hard for me to get organized.

And I seriously hate school because I feel like school have no benefits.

And I still remember that time when a listener recommend me to go to alternative education.

But the weird thing is, my parents don't listen to me attentively but my mom always say that I never share my problems to her. But I actually do that many times.

But one day, my mom yell at me and ask why I think she don't guide me and why I have a lot of missing assingments.

I didn't know what to say... I just feel like my mom wasn't really there for me...

But one day, my mom finally take me to a psychologist. The psychologist said that I am like a beautiful car that have no fuel. Which means I am actually intelligent but I have no motivation. And she said that I need to find what my fuel is.

A few weeks later, I went to summer camp. I had a really good time. And sometimes I just realize maybe my fuel is supportive people like you guys or maybe my fuel is fun ways to learn.

Actually, I cried while typing this because I realize that I've been progressing a lot.šŸ„ŗ

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 4th, 2022

Awww hey @Aileen1114117, nice to meet you. This was do touching to read. I like those self-realisations when we can actually feel like we're making some progress and it is just needed to pause and pat our back at the time. *offers hugs* super proud of you for trying your best despite the lack of support at home and your struggles with daily activities including studying and finding your fuel. I really like this analogy your psychologist shared, it seems similar to the "ikigai" concept, mhm? Basically finding what purpose we want to serve, what motivates us to actually live and not just exist, I believe. I'm really happy you're considering the supportive group here and fun ways to learn as your fuel, they sure sound like a powerful one to run the engine hehe. Keep going. ā¤

Aileen1114117 OP July 5th, 2022

Aww, thank you for your kind messagešŸ„ŗ *hugs*

You will never know what the messages you give to other people mean to themā¤ļø.

Yeah it's kinda similar to the ikigai concept.