Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I

brittneyblazed May 25th, 2020

I'm so sensitive. When I let people get close to me, what they do to me affects me in big ways. When they do things and it hurts me, I tend to start feeling like they do it on purpose.I get very angry and respond negatively. I shut people out and end up never talking to people again because of this constant voice in my head telling me "they did this on purpose to hurt you", or "they knew it would upset you but they still did it anyways" .. something in the back of my mind tells me to think rationally but I can't see past the hurt, past the burning in my chest. Even the littlest things, I feel people are out to specifically hurt me because they know how it makes me feel. It feels like people do things to me that I wouldn't do to them purposefully. How can I stop this? I've lost everyone because of this. I feel alone, I really am trying.

SnailPurple June 1st, 2020

Hello @brittneyblazed

It sounds like you pus people away because you are scared they will hurt you. I'm sorry you have to go through this <3 Pushing people away can definitely make you feel lonely. When I start to feel this way, I like to write down my thoughts and then list the reasons why they might not be true. I also like to imagine my friend is having these thoughts and ask myself "What would I say if they were having these thoughts?" How do you feel about trying those coping skills?