Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Does anyone know how to..?

brittneyblazed May 20th, 2020

Does anyone know how I can stop letting other people's opinion/ thoughts of me determine how I feel about myself? I've been struggling with this mostly at home with my toxic family and when I was in school, wanting everyone to accept me and like me..

Mehkoh May 20th, 2020

@brittneyblazed just remember everyone has heir own opinions but its your life ultimately ur thoughts matter.

bitlegacy May 20th, 2020

@brittneyblazed

"And the enemy is all your doubts, all your fears, and everyone back home who told you, you weren't good enough to do this, keep your head down, no matter what- never quit and you'll be just fine. Keep moving forward."

~Rob O'Neil (The guy who hunted Bin Laden). From goalcast: https://youtu.be/Vjw9cEV786Q

I can relate to this. My toxic family never supported me in anything I did. They always made me feel I wasn't good enough to do this. At times I used to feel down, but I used that to make myself stronger, thinking one day I'll prove them wrong.

And I did.

ShadowTag May 20th, 2020

@brittneyblazed

Look in the mirror and even if you don't believe it right now, "I am good enough." "I am important." "I matter to someone" give yourself a hug. be kind to yourself.

GreenAndRedBoat May 20th, 2020

@brittneyblazed

Introspection, getting to know yourself is a tool to build confidence. In order for other opinions not to bother you, the essential is to have confidence and one of the tools to build up confidence is introspection, knowing yourself...At your young age you cannot yet cpunt on experience to strengthen your confidenxe though you have some years behind you already😊. Another tool for confidence is independance. You are never going to please everyone in your life nor make anyone like you, so distance yourself from people who do not appreciate you and encourage social interactions tgat give you credit and enhance your self worth...I am sorry you are still vulnerable about how others feel about you...😔😔😔