Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Caterpillar & Moj

Moj October 24th, 2017

Hey @caterpillargirl here is a thread for us! laughheart It's a thread that other people also have access to read, so just a heads up to only share what you are ok with others reading as well.
I will be honest, I don't always reply super quickly to forum posts, cause for some reason the forums kind of scare me...lol, I'm not sure why, but I will do my very best to get back to you quickly!!
I'm hear to listen to whatever you want to talk about friend, know I'm here for you. Just a reminder for you today...

You got this friend, don't give up! heart

caterpillargirl October 24th, 2017

@Moj What a wonderful surprise this tag and forum thread was to find on a Monday-gone-wrong. It started when I was waiting for the bus on a super windy, rainy β˜” morning, and the πŸš‹ I had been standing and waiting dangerously, 1/2 way into the busy traffic lane (so the driver could see me), and my bus just raced by me 😒...spraying me with water, and leaving me walking to work with soaking wet blue jeans πŸ˜–. And, for the most part, my day finished off with me losing a legal document I had been working on/writing for two hours at the library on their public use computers. I guess when you reach the "2-hour limit," the computer just automatically shuts down, & reboots. And, because I wasn't familar with the library's computer policys, I didn't save 😩 my document. Ok...enough whining. I was sooo happy to finally coming home to three 🐢🐢🐢 wagging tails 😊. My dogs are such a HUGE part of my life. I have an Austraian Shepherd that I've had since she was just 3 days old. I was just intending to foster her over the holidays when the Humane Society in my city was short-staffed. I did not intend on adopting her because I already had two dogs and a cat, but no one from the shelter ever called me asking me to bring Boo Bear back so she could go up for adoption, so she stayed in my home and we became best buds. I finally took her back to the Humane Society so I could "officially" adopt her, and after I took her through therapy dog training, she became certified as a therapy dog. I am really struggling right now because Boo is now 17.5 years old and she's lost a lot of weight and her health is really failing. I didn't she think she'd life through the winter, but she starting eatting more and perked up in March. She weathered my move like a trooper, and has adjusted well, but has continued to lose weight and has somewhat lost bladder & bowel control. It so extremely hard to watch her body decline and betray her while her gentle, loving, filled with life disposition remains entact. I save the bio's on my two other best furry buds for another message. Well, Moj I moaned about my Monday, how did your Monday go? How is your pain level? Does the colder weather negatively impact your pain? My pain level went off the rictor scale during my move, with all the lifting and hauling I did, which in turn made it hard for me to get good sleep..and lack of good, solid rest only aggrevates my wide-spread body pain. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia when I was 16 (MANY πŸŒ™'s ago), and I have also been diagnoised with a neuropathic pain disorder..which also impacts many areas of my body...including my face. I take the max dose of Neurotin/Gabbapentin through the day, which helps to reduce the nerve pain I suffer with. I refuse to take prescription pain meds b/c of addiction issues that run in my family line. Have you had body pain issues for a long time? Are there there any meds or therapies that help? One doctor I went to desired to have me have a home TENS unit to use for pain reduction (it helped me at the hospital), but my insurance would not cover it. I could really relate to one of your feed posts about pain. It said something to the effect of what many doctors have said to me after an examination, "I don't know HOW??? you physically function at the level that you do with the severity of your chronic muscle, tissue, ligament, and nerve pain?" He said most of the patients he see with very similar chronic pain issues are bed-ridden. But, my response was akin to yours: "I don't have a choice to stay in bed and not work." Maybe it's fear that motivates me to push past my pain threshold...because I'm afraid if I got lax and star in bed like an invalid, I'd just end up stuck in some horrible inhumane nursing home because I really have no one in my life, family, or otherwise who care an iota about me. You are very fortunate to have a partner and family who love, and care about you. That in itself gives you a health booster, and supposedly extends your life. Ok, this is turning into a ridiculously long message, so I better call it a wrap. But before I do, I want to ask you where on 7Cups did you start this thread at...so I can find my way back here? I've had individuals on 7Cups start threads so we can commuicate better, but then I can't find it. Have a terrific Tuesday, my good friend!