Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Connectedness

Onyx000 August 17th

For my second topic, I have picked connectedness. And the age of social media and everyone being so connected just at their pocket. I feel we have become as disconnected as possible, instead of the whole point of it being more connected, losing the whole face-to-face connections.

And what ways do you feel technology has changed connectedness?

Do you feel this will get better or worse as technology progresses

Onyx000 OP August 17th

@Onyx000 after some contemplation and reading a little bit more about the requirements I decided to reword this

For my second topic, I've decided to focus on connectedness. In this era of social media, where we can reach out to anyone around the globe with just a click, it’s quite ironic that many of us feel more isolated than ever. The true nature of connection seems to have changed, and we've lost some of those meaningful face-to-face interactions that really enrich our lives. As time goes by, I find myself feeling even more distant despite the expectation that we should be more connected. It feels like technology has made us lose touch because we often don’t express our true selves in the same way we would in person. I truly hope that as a community, we can discover ways to use technology to foster connections instead of feeling disconnected. Connectedness is important to me; it helps me feel part of a community and loved. Ultimately, I believe it comes down to our humanity and our innate desire for attachment and connection with others.

How do you think technology has impacted our sense of connectedness?

Do you think this situation will get better or worse as technology continues to advance?

Do you have any suggestions for building connections in a world that's changed so much since 2020