Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Appreciation

Onyx000 August 17th

For my first topic, I picked appreciation. Often times in life is very easy to think of what is not had instead of what we have. I think it is very easy to focus on the negative and not the positive that is some thing I definitely am struggling with.

What is some thing that you appreciate and may not even be fully aware that you appreciate it because you’re so used to it?

Onyx000 OP August 17th

After going through the requirements, I decided to dedicate more time to my first topic. I validate that I was unaware of what exactly was needed when I first started and hadn’t read exactly the requirements so I take ownership for that.

I chose appreciation as my focus. It's so easy to get caught up in thinking about what we lack instead of recognizing all that we have. Personally, I find myself struggling with this; it’s all too simple to dwell on the negatives rather than celebrate the positives. I'm really trying to shift my mindset towards appreciating what I do have instead of fixating on what I don’t. I know that I've developed a pretty negative outlook, and changing that into a more positive one is a significant goal for me right now. I'm reaching out to you all in the community—do you have any advice on how I can develop this skill? I recognize that there's so much I appreciate; it just takes a moment for me to pause and acknowledge it.

What are some things you appreciate, maybe even without realizing it because they’re such a regular part of your life?

And how do you cultivate positivity and see appreciation in everyday things?