Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What sports do you play??

Archive0627 April 25th, 2023

Hey,

I was just kinda wondering what sports people do - Sports you hated, loved, did in the past, are more recent, any injuries, memories, etc.

It's j cool to me I guess, hearing abt other people's experiences with them, cuz sports do smt dif for everyone (:

CleanCupcake April 25th, 2023

@Archive0627 I used to play for my school's LAX team, til' I legit tore my ACL and was out for the season... Literally ruined my JR year, I swear :(

ForrestGreen12 April 25th, 2023

@Archive0627 I play basketball and soccer..... V fun 🏀⚽

iPHOENIX April 25th, 2023

Cricket mostly, football sometimes ☺

lavenderChestnut9055 September 21st, 2023

@Archive0627 I play basketball, volleyball, and run track and cross country.

confidentpanda September 30th, 2023

@Archive0627

i liked lacrosse, volleyball best

now i just mostly watch sports and soccer hockey and lacrosse are my favorites

confidentpanda September 30th, 2023

@confidentpanda

and a sport i hated/ never could get into is swimming

Sasher October 1st, 2023

@Archive0627 love sports. Not sure there's anything I hate. Favourites are boxing🥊 yoga 🧘🏼‍♀️ and hiking 🌳⛰️ I do a bit of bodyweight/functional training to help me strengthen to progress in yoga - am currently working on this - https://youtube.com/shorts/8Lgq4iQioEc?si=sYYvZT3xWlPaiggB

Got into it all after a back injury. Its been life changing. Good for depression too.

confidentpanda October 1st, 2023

@Sasher

😮 so impressive!

Sasher October 1st, 2023

confident panda he makes it look so easy 😲 will probably take about a year to master.

Helpyhelper10564 October 1st, 2023

@Archive0627

I play basketball 🏀 and badminton 🏸

limegreenWest2530 October 10th, 2023

@Archive0627

I used to play soccer till a soccer ball hit my head and knocked me out last year and basketball but than a ball also hot my head knocking me out

TheToastGod October 10th, 2023

@Archive0627

I like playing football but I played a lot of spikeball in college!

Kenn8778 October 23rd, 2023

@Archive0627

You are honestly right cause I used to do Track and volleyball and volleyball was so annoying but I enjoyed the people who were around me so u are exactly right, "sports do smt dif for everyone"

Katiez14 October 23rd, 2023

@Archive0627

i love doing competitive dance at my studio and i’m also on my high schools dance team.

Max5453 October 23rd, 2023

@Archive0627 I have tried a few but like baseball and wrestling the best.

Archive0627 OP October 23rd, 2023

@Max5453 - Yeah, I agree w/ baseball :D

ANN1Eblue October 24th, 2023

swimming ! very long but pretty fun tbh

rationalBalsam9022 December 11th, 2023

@Archive0627 I do MMA!

KitArendel17 January 13th

@Archive0627 I used to play soccer and volleyball! I still remember at my first volleyball game, I was fixing my hair when the ball was hit over to our side and it flew straight at my face but I dodged it right in time, but it gave the other team a point. I was a very easily distracted child lol

crimsonMaple811 January 19th

@Archive0627 I run cross country I play volleyball, and horseback ride

pineapple7722 January 19th

@Archive0627 i have really strong opinions against baseball (its just super boring) but i love soccer. when it comes to playing i used to play soccer before a *** expierence on my last team made me quit mid season. now i do njrotc which isnt really a sport but its military training so pretty active at times

NedJr January 23rd

By the way, the problem of injuries always comes first when it comes to high school. Many of you were on school teams and many of you were injured and left the sport. It was tennis in my case. Damage to my hand prevented me from moving on, but I don’t regret it. The life of professional athletes is not as beautiful as it seems) I enjoy going to group yoga classes now. Sometimes I go to sports statistics  - http://mel-bet.et/ There are a couple of guys from school who still went to professional tennis. I just check what they have achieved throughout their work and compare it with myself. Does anyone else do this?

irishleprechaun16 January 27th

@Archive0627 I play camogie,gaelic football,basketball and swimming. One thing I couldn't get into was horseriding

ItsVictoriaduh January 27th

@Archive0627 ya I used To play volleyball and then I got kicked out.

confidentpanda January 28th

@Archive0627

JSJ44 January 28th

@Archive0627 im a boxer i do wrestling, fb, basketball and track my least fav sport is def soccer (srry to forrest) and a recent injury is i broke my foot in fb

kamrynk1224 April 2nd

@Archive0627

I play softball in college!!

@Archive0627

I hated basketball, field hockey and soccer because I found the other players and the energy too crazy, aggressive and competitive.

I loved rugby and more solo sports like snowboarding, skateboarding, longboarding and skiing because there was more a healthy camaraderie and energy somehow.

I learned to swim yet couldn't get into it. I think chlorine is gross and the shock of cold water unpleasant and unnecessary. It can be alright recreationally; swimming and playing around with others at the beach or in rivers or lakes I've enjoyed.

Tennis is a love-hate relationship for me. Overall I could take it or leave it. Was pretty into it for a while as a way to pass the time with friends, partners and family. Nothing serious though.

Was naturally good at golf and could've done something special with that. Seemed too rigid of a lifestyle though. The pattering applause and weird looking clothes turned me off.

Biking isn't the worst thing and I really enjoy it when I'm learning new tricks or find an awesome trail. 🚲 The wipeouts can be brutal  though. 

Curling is alright...I found the environment not to my liking. Anything cold I'm not really into - hockey, swimming, curling, skating.

Snowboarding and skiing is pretty fine for me though, even though it's cold because it's outside and I love how carving powder and sending rollers feels. That's not so much a sport though.

Lifting is something I might try one day. It somehow seems more image-based then anything else and I'm pretty happy with my gym routine so maybe not. 

Climbing is so much fun when it's with the right people who can push you and help you discover and implement new ways to move up a face.

Track and field are meh. Was good at sprinting, long jump and especially high jump. Not passionate about it though. Didn't do much gymnastics ever so not much to say about that and only dabbled in cheerleading where I mostly made everyone do pushups and learn dance from where I was learning it also in my free time.

Long distance running is the worst lol. Very satisfying though. 

Archery I found not as fun as it looks. I had high hopes. They were dashed.

I'm basically too old to probably consider doing any sports seriously anymore. Feeling melancholy now and scared I missed my chances for a good life and angry at myself and in general. I don't want to be ungrateful for or struck in regret so I won't talk about anything that might do that in depth.

Toodles

CJHere2Help April 16th

@Archive0627

Hey Wyatt! I was never into stereotypical sports like baseball or soccer. I would occasionally play football or basketball with friends when I was younger, but never enough to consider it a hobby. I do really love weightlifting as a sport though. Both watching people compete and participating myself. I don't normally watch sports aside from the SuperBowl, although my mom did recently get Mets tickets last summer and it was pretty fun to watch it in person. Hby? What sports are you into?

SkateComet93 May 25th

@Archive0627 I never really did sports as a kid except for dance but as an adult I've gotten into hiking, weight lifting and currently play roller derby. I'm also trying to add park skating and just general roller skating in as well because I love being on skates! Maybe one day I'll dance again too.

Misano May 28th

@Archive0627 I used to play volleyball but I've recently got back into figure skating after a 7 year break. It's been super fun but i got injured three weeks ago and had to go to the hospital to get 11 stitches bc my skate blade stabbed into my ankle whilst doing a jump 😭

smilingbao June 22nd

@Archive0627

Tennis!  A lot of people consider this a nerd sport and that is their only reason to not play it, but it is actually fun if you try it!