Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Surfing🏄🏽

TropicalMermaid March 16th, 2016

Hello!

I thought it'd be fun to start a thread about surfing! Any others surfers out there😏, or people who want to try it, though haven't yet? I was having a bad day the other day, and went surfing in the afternoon to help me get in a better feeling space. It really helped (always does for me )! For two reasons ,( for me anyways); first, I just really enjoy being out in the ocean with my surfboard. Second, I'm really focused on doing my best to catch a wave, so my mind doesn't have an opportunity to bring up ridiculous, negative thoughts. Not a super surfer here and haven't been doing it super long..just having fun surfing 👍🏾👍🏾... I mean, "Can't we all get a longboard?🏄🏽🤔

KaterinaRose March 16th, 2016

I don't surf, but I do enjoy watching others surf when I'm at the beach! I did try it a few times a few years ago and it's definitely fun! Well, to be fair, I used the surfboard more like a boogie board and laid on my stomach lol. I just didn't have the upper body strength to even attempt to stand up lol. Plus, I was using a short board which isn't the best for a first timer.

I'm not sure if I'll every try it again, but I can definitely see how it could be theraputic!

Lightworker1111 May 24th, 2016

This is on my list of things I want to learn how to do. Surfing has always been something I have been interested in. I am hoping to take some lessons this Summer smileyheart

WolfInAOnesie August 9th, 2016

@TropicalMermaid

I really enjoy surfing. A few years ago while on holiday in Cornwall, I decided to learn how to surf. I ended up enjoying it so much that I got more lessons the next year. I've only really had good practice on hard foam boards (which I'm pretty sure are basically beginner boards) and I struggled the last time I surfed when I used a proper board for the first time but I still loved it.

I can't really get out to go surfing that much right now but hopefully, I will when I have my driving license so that my friend and I can hire boards and transport them to the beach. I love the feeling of just floating in the water, lying on the board, staring at the waves, waiting to catch something. I find it really relaxing just floating, feeling the water move around and under me. I don't think anything can beat it.

dreamTree42 September 28th, 2016

I love surfing! I just got my own chest zip o Neill wetsuit recently and am getting a board pretty soon so won't have to rent anymore but now I can stay in the water for as long as possible. I'm only a beginner but getting there! Btw, I got a lucky find while walking, I found a wetsuit hood left behind without a soul in sight and it fits me. But would you guys wear a used good?

sirenAngel March 31st, 2020

I REAAALLLLYYY wanna learn how to surf it's honestly so annoying watching people surf and have fun and you're just watching by the sidelines. I wanna own a wave someday <3

patientGlobe7652 October 2nd, 2020

I love surfing! I go just about every weekend and just finished my first big fix on a board! Surfing makes me feel calm and centered when floating and focused while on a ride. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who needs to change their attitude or have a ritual to keep them in the right mindset.

SweetCherry234 June 9th, 2021

I think this is a cool sport, very interesting, it improves the physical and mental state of the body. Since it is quite difficult to learn this. Have you heard of new devices that allow you to swim without waves?

SweetCherry234 June 10th, 2021

I can advise you on a good sport that I do myself when the opportunity arises. Surfing is very exciting and the physical body becomes stronger with it. Jet board will help you feel more confident on the board faster, and its motor will allow you to swim even when there are almost no waves, a convenient thing and easy to use, I recommend.

placidMango3099 July 13th, 2023

Surfing is an incredible activity that brings joy and peace to many. It's great to hear how surfing helped turn your day around and put you in a better headspace. Being out in the ocean with your surfboard provides a sense of serenity, while the focus on catching waves keeps negative thoughts at bay. In case you're looking to enhance your surfing experience, you can explore products and equipment available at this shop . Keep having fun riding those waves and spreading the positive vibes!

WellsFiction August 1st, 2023

@TropicalMermaid I've never surfed myself, yet I always enjoy watching it. I feel like you'd have to balance well to be a proper surfer. I wish surfing got more attention compared to other notable sports :)