Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What's a fun hobby that's easy to get into?

feltempty August 9th, 2018

My ex and I broke up last week after she expressed her desire to sign up for a foreign marriage agency. Now, I just want to focus on moving on and forgetting all about her. I was thinking of taking up a new hobby, but I

ReadBooksDrinkTea August 9th, 2018

@feltempty The "easiest" is something that interests you. Cooking? Mountain climbing? Learning a new skill? Teaching yourself a new language? Building models? Picking up a puzzle?

I'd say this is something you'll have to think about in terms of what possibly interests you. If you're open to it, I'd also suggest you just look for stuff that isn't necessarily leading to a "hobby": see a movie that intersts you, visit that museum or site you've always wanted to see, sign up for that lecture series, etc. It may not lead to anything but it'll give you something to do.

Good luck.

Bearlysane August 29th, 2019

If you like outdoors, geocaching is a fun hobby. All you need is a GPS (handheld) and some time. Check out geocaching.com if you are interested.

sincereOcean4592 August 29th, 2019

@feltempty I agree that it has to be something you would be interested in. In my opinion, the best hobbies are those that can become something else later. I am not really computer programming savvy, but I decided I wanted to make an app, purely for my own purposes, so I'm learning how to make an app. If I can actually do it, it might help me gain income in the future.

What kinds of things interest you, or what is something that you have always wanted to try?

EmbStitcher33 December 17th, 2022

If you have a phone with a camera in it, start looking around, Closely! There are so many beautiful things in nature you can take pictures of. I like taking pictures of cloud formations. Think about it... they go by over our heads all the time. Out of sight. Out of mind. But if you take a picture of a beautiful collection of clouds, it's yours forever. I use some of my cloud pictures to put in the background of quotes. Any simple graphic program can work for this. Even Micro's simple Paint graphic program.

That's my suggestion for you. Hope you're getting along well. No need to waste time on something that didn't give you the happiness you were looking for. Take care.