Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Medication Blues...

muteTheVoice7196 July 19th, 2015

I've been prescribed medication for my insomnia, but I'm really hesitant about taking it. The thought of taking insomnia stuff (along with the antidepressants I've been prescribed) makes me really anxious... what am I supposed to do??

SuggaMomma July 19th, 2015

In my experience with meds, if I don't want to take it then I don't, but I have to weigh that against how much I want to keep suffering. Will taking this pill make life a little better for me? Maybe. It doesn't hurt to try it. Life shouldn't be lived in suffering. If you're not comfortable taking it though, talk to your doctor about it and see if there are alternatives.

Batman94 July 27th, 2015

If it is a side effect, then it is certainly worth discussing with the doctor.

Tallulahblue July 29th, 2015

Have you talked to your doctor about how the medicine interacts? Are you prone to experiencing the side effects? I had to deal with this a year or two ago. I stopped taking the sleeping medication mostly because it made me feel sluggish in the morning and I was in college at the time. If you don't want to take the medicine in the end then maybe take a more natural approach? if that's something you're interested in. It's important that you feel comftorable