Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Relaxing Tea

uglyPandaMan July 28th, 2015

I have some tea recipes I like to drink to relieve my stress. Here is the list :

- lemon (and or orange juice) tea

- cloves and cinnamon tea

- almond milk tea

- ginger tea

I drink green or black tea most of the time. Have you got any tea recipes or other beverages that help you feel relaxed?

ThousandYears July 28th, 2015

For me it's lotus and lotus leaf tea 🌿

Bianca0210 July 28th, 2015

Chamomile relaxes me!

sweetvanilla1 March 28th, 2017

@Bianca0210 definitely! And perfect with some honey at times of a sore throat too:) <3

cocoon July 28th, 2015

i like drinking a cup of Earl Gray with a little bit of milk or creamer. it's the best! :) x

mimameid July 29th, 2015

i drink this tea blend called Sleepytime and it is really good for relaxing in the evenings. White tea is also great.

DeidreJade August 5th, 2015

Taking green tea in the morning is healthy. It keeps you fit and refreshes your mind.

Then in the afternoon, if you want to have tea, try having more of a regular ginger and cinnamon tea, with tetra packed milk. Since the milk is pasturised well, and everthing has been removed, it won't make you feel heavy. Plus, as it is rich in calcium, it can help you work throughthe day.

If it's the night tea, then a simple red tea, with ginger and lemon would do good. It is good for the throat. The ginger and warm water serves the throat and the lemon prevent's even minute infections.

I do practise the last thing, and it helps! Try it out, maybe you will feel realxed?!

uglyPandaMan OP August 5th, 2015

Never tried red tea.. The common tea in where I live are black and green.

KSWootton November 26th, 2015

@EvanHooper

Hi Evan, massage therapy has many benefits related to health and beauty. It is a great way to relax and have your stress at the bay. I usually get my massage from here Massage therapy Fort lauderdale.

leahmarin November 26th, 2015

Feeling Soothed. from Dominion/Loblaws/Superstore

fennel, mint,ginger

KMangoMadness May 1st, 2016

Very interesting thread. I do not usually drink tea, but I am sure going to try it now.

safeandsoundta May 4th, 2016

My favorite kind of tea is chamomile tea. It is an herbal tea and does not contain any caffeine. I find it quite soothing. Bigelow makes THE BEST chamomile tea I've ever had.

For the ladies, it helps reduce menstrual cramps! For everyone, it helps prevent colds if you drink it often enough! :)

Fleming123 May 4th, 2016

@safeandsoundta

do you know of any kind of tea that may help with anxiety

safeandsoundta May 6th, 2016

@Fleming123 Any herbal, decaffeinated tea should help. Specifically Kava, Passionflower (basically kava-lite), Valerian Root, Chamomile, Peppermint, and Lemon Balm. 🍵☕

Zahar May 6th, 2016

Chsmomile, linden and valerian is a calming blend.

Donnateddybear May 10th, 2016

Green tea

Lightworker1111 May 12th, 2016

There are three teas by the brand Yogi that I find to be extremely relaxing and I drink each depending on the time of day:

(1) Honey Lavender Stress Relief ~ Soothing Serenity Blend (I like to drink this in the afternoon)

(2) Relaxed Mind ~ Promotes Tranquility (I like to drink this in substitution to coffee in the morning)

(3) Bedtime ~ Promotes Restful Sleep (I like to drink this at night a little before I go to bed)

~Namaste~ (Lightworker1111) heart

SeaBreezee May 14th, 2016

Cocoa, chilli and liquorice tea. The cocoa and chilli are perfect together with a slight burn as it goes down your throat, and the sweet aftertaste of the liquorice makes no need for sugar. Its my go to for when im stressed and it never fails to calm me down :)

comealongpond1988 July 26th, 2016

I am a lover of all teas by my two go to's are:

Twinings brand Lady Grey Tea and Traditional Medicinals brand Gypsy Cold Care (for when Im sick with a cold)

I also like the Nighty Night Tea from Trad Medicinals (its is very similar to sleepytime tea!)

KnittedPenguin25 August 9th, 2016

Roasted barley tea is a great choice for this summer season.

ZaraSmiles August 9th, 2016

Woah, this thread is totally my cup of tea! (Get it? ;)) Haha, @uglyPandaMan, thank you so much for creating this and opening the floor to everyone!

Personally, pomegranate tea is my absolute favourite. Nothing can beat it, it's the perfect sensation of any tea you'd ever want. (Well, if you like sweet/fruit teas) Ottoman tea also plays a close second!

Larki August 24th, 2016

Anise tea is really calming. So is marjoram. I bought some calming blends and didn't like them at all. However, when I blend teas at home, they are so good.

safeandsoundta August 25th, 2016

I LOVE drinking Chai tea! It is calming and tastes really great!

TheHumanTorch September 10th, 2016

@uglyPandaMan Green Tea helps me relax everyday :D and it tastes amazing too with fresh green tea leaves and a mixture of white tea added.

sweetvanilla1 March 1st, 2017

Kusmi has a Paris special with strawberry flavor, I hold it to be the equivalent of a nice massage:)

serenitydaisy March 20th, 2017

Peppermint, licorice, and lemon ginger are my calming go-to teas!

sweetvanilla1 March 28th, 2017

I love vanilla tea guys! Great especially if you need a good flavor without any sugars or additives:) <3

Peachsicle July 3rd, 2017

I love the Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime teas, at the moment I have the Sleepytime Peach one. They don't actually sell them here (UK), so I get them shipped over from the US... that's how much I love them, I also love the Holiday Sugar Cookie at the moment.

Also...

Teavana teas, especially Youthberry and Mint Citrus.

Chai, chocolate tea, anything with vanilla, different mint blends, Earl Grey, salted caramel green tea (Twinings), herbal fruit blends... I could go on.

And I do like the classic English tea with milk and (sometimes) sugar, that's always comforting. :)

I've probably missed a lot out, I'm always trying new ones. Tea is just so calming. heart

mimameid August 5th, 2017

I have recently discovered the wonderfulness that is Yogi's Stress Relief Honey Lavender tea. It's so good and well worth a try!