Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Need Help to choose healthy food

MissDiamond June 24th, 2016

Hello friends, I don't know whether is it right to place to put this question here. but I truly need help in it. from next month I m going to be so much busy that I will not get chance to be at home to make homemade food so I will be eating outside. Whenever I am outside I always eat fast food. can you recommend me some food so I can pack in the morning. and use it for whole day. or else what should I eat outside except fast food. Need some healthy food. I am from India. so if i get something domestic, so I can find it in store.

Cheshire94 June 24th, 2016

@MissDiamond

Sandwiches/wraps with whole grain bread/tortilla/Naan bread/pitas, add lean meat (if you eat meat) like chicken or turkey, add lettuce, tomato, cucumber slices,avacodo, cheese, and a dressing like ranch or hummus (whatever you like but use it sparingly). You could also bring seeds and/or nuts for a snack, fruit with a cup of yogurt to dip the fruit in. Drinking water is the best thing to drink but you can also try 100% juices, infused water to give it some flavor, or just water down juice so it tastes like flavored water.

All of this would need to be in an insulated lunch box with an ice pack or two. Good luck on your healthy eating journey! ✌

Anomalia June 24th, 2016

@MissDiamond - Eating healthy when busy and on the go can definitely be a challenge, but it's possible, and good for you for making the effort! I am in the USA, so I'm not sure what's easily available in India, but in general, I think it's helpful to pack things that don't need to be hot or cold so that you can carry them around all day. Having snacks around like fresh fruit, nuts, etc. can help curb some hunger until you get somewhere that you can eat a meal, and in general, things with protein will tide you over for longer.

When you do need to get meals from a fast food restaurant, it's true that most of the menu isn't very healthy, but usually there are at least one or two options that aren't so bad for you - could you take a look in advance at menus from the places where you typically go and find a few options that are on the healthier side for when you don't have time to bring food with you?

Good luck!

gingerfluff June 24th, 2016

@MissDiamond

Hi - I'm so glad you're making the decision to try and eat healthier foods. It's a big step for being healthier in general.

I don't know exactly what you have in Indian grocery stores or what is available to you, but one of the biggest resources I used when I was losing weight was this website called Reddit. On Reddit, the site is divided into these mini-forums called 'subreddits', and more specifically, I used this subreddit for ideas to help me lose weight. The subreddit is called 'eatcheapandhealthy' and it has just over 300,000 subscribers, so I have confidence you'll be able to find something there that fits you.

What also helped me was that I drunk a lot of water, preferably ice-cold, throughout the day to help me take my mind off food. I chewed on ice too, and that also helped.

I hope I've helped you. :)

lisa1026 July 8th, 2016

Fruit and morning star food