Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Time error in Sharing Circle Host Log form

GoingSafari June 27th, 2021

Hi!

Concerning this form - https://tinyurl.com/y4e8tj24 - the form asks for the time of the session in 12-hour PM/AM format, but there's only two fields, one for hours and one for minutes and none for PM or AM. The only way to answer that form in a way that gives the time of the day properly, is to answer in 24-hour format, otherwise one won't know if the session was held before or after noon that day.

So either the answer format must be changed, or the question, and I'm guessing it needs to be the first, since this site is American, times are American and Americans use 12-hour!

GoingSafari OP June 27th, 2021

@GoingSafari

Found some more information! It seems this depends on what time settings the respondent has on their device. So if your device is set to 12-hour format, it will have the described format, but in my case and probably most other Europeans, they will have this set to 24-hour format, and then there will be no PM or AM.

So the question needs to change to adapt for that users can answer in both 12- or 24-hour format depending on their device settings!

GoingSafari OP June 27th, 2021

@GoingSafari

Correction again, I don't think it's the device settings. 😬

But for some reason, I don't have 12-hour format available, so I'm guessing that goes for more users as well! And it makes total sense, as Europeans use 24-hour. So probably region detection?