Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Groups Activities Guidelines: Games, Apps, Sites and More

Heather225 August 23rd, 2023

Hi, everyone!

We know how much fun you all have in the rooms playing games and sharing music and we believe it’s important to foster these types of bonding activities. A lot of these games are external, so we’ll be outlining what’s allowed and not allowed within the parameters of our Community Guidelines.

Games

✓ Kahoot
Guidelines for hosting Kahoots sessions:

1. A moderator must be present to help facilitate. Sessions without supervision are prohibited.
  2. You may join with your username or other name you go by exclusively on 7 Cups
  3. Premade quizzes only. You can find them in the public Kahoot library on the Discover page or by selecting a template when creating a quiz. Note: you must be logged in there to view these
  4. Abide by both 7 Cups community guidelines and Kahoot safety policies. Violating the rules can result in removal from the session and potentially the room.
  5. If you're interested in creating quizzes for 7 Cups, please contact @EvelyneRose

If you're a teen or on the teen side, note that there is a dedicated Kahoot Sessions Team and specific guidelines for hosting sessions! Please review them here. Contact @Antonio7Cups for details.

✘ Pictionary
✘ Skribbl.io
✘ Cardgames.io

Apps/Websites

✓ Vocaroo (allowed in rooms where a mod is present)
✓ YouTube
— Must be appropriate and abide by room guidelines
— Share the title with link for content warnings
— Include trigger warnings as needed
✓ Spotify
— Same rules as YT apply
— Single song links sharing

✘ Tikt0k
✘ Apple Music
✘ GoBrunch
✘ Speakpipe.com
✘ Reddit
✘ Personal websites
✘ Sharing screenshots taken from 7 Cups uploaded to other sites such as gyazo, imgur, imgbb and uploadiepie - Refer to this post for how to submit screenshots for reporting purposes.

If you have any questions about the above, drop a reply. If you would like to suggest others to clarify and add to the list, please PM me.

emotionalTalker2260 August 23rd, 2023

@Heather225

Thanks for sharing this H! I wasn't even aware we could play Kahoot 😮 that's exciting haha. Weeeeeee

Also I totally have never heard half of these websites 🥴 but yeah, thanks for letting us all know (:

WendyBird14 August 24th, 2023

@emotionalTalker2260

Lets play a kahoot about cups, the winner gets a special kahoot badge xD

emotionalTalker2260 August 24th, 2023

@WendyBird14

xD what happens if there’s a tie :’)

WendyBird14 August 24th, 2023

@emotionalTalker2260 rematch xD

emotionalTalker2260 August 25th, 2023

@WendyBird14

Rematch xD that'd work lol

SupportiveMitch August 23rd, 2023

Hi Heather,

Thank you for providing this clarification! I’m very excited to know that Kahoots are permitted as both members and listeners have asked if I could host sessions. Regarding guideline 3 around pre-made quizzes only, is there an approval process we can go through if we wish to create a custom Kahoot that is cups specific (whether it be a fun one, or educational around a chat support topic for listener discussions for example)?

I would love to implement this as an engagement tool in some sessions I run so keen to hear if that’s something we can make happen.

Heather225 OP August 24th, 2023

@SupportiveMitch

what a cool idea!!! yes i am in full support of creating 7 Cups Kahoots! maybe the best way is to drop all the questions in a doc for our review and once it's approved you can go ahead and finalize it and we can collect these quizzes on a spreadsheet for anyone to use? open to ideas!

HopieRemi May 8th

@Heather225

Oooh . I did some today!