Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New Mod Buddy scheme for Sharing Circle hosts!

Lou73 January 9th, 2023

Hey everyone,

We are launching a new buddy scheme for our Sharing Circles! We are asking for Group Support Moderators to team up with an assigned host to keep the chatrooms safe and interruptions to a minimum so that members can share in a supportive space.

dog-hug.gif

You can either commit to supporting one host regularly or sign up as and when you can. We have updated the sign-up schedule to include a Mod buddy sign up column. We are only asking for the slots with assigned hosts to be covered for now (but you are still more than welcome to host/mod any session that needs a host).

We know that com mods do a great job, but they have so many rooms to cover that we would like to have an extra support for the room, and for the hosts to feel supported in event of a situation requiring a mod.

We currently have 5 assigned hosts and 14 slots that need a mod buddy and hoping to grow the team in the future 😊

If you have any questions, please reach out to @Lou73 πŸ¦‹

Tagging the Newbie hub Chatroom Moderators: @ASilentObserver @ASilentBunny @AcatalepticShadow @CalmWaves3939 @EmotionsListener @FallingSkys @JasmineFlower222 @Khaii @LittleBirdie30 @Ninziesss @Paprika001 @ShaunX @crystalclearnow @fruityPond7887 @iCareUK @rretsuko @CallumCares421 @Erica @TabbyCat97 @mamtasha22 @richuyulin @shinequeen001

Also tagging hosting team: @cancun @help127 @SolaceCares @VictoriaLove7 @VioletVeritas @MagnificentSunrise

January 10th, 2023

@Lou73

Thank you for sharing this! I look forward to seeing this new scheme in place, I really hope it helps make sharing circle a supported environment for all πŸ’›

Lou73 OP January 11th, 2023

Thank you @LlamaLizz :)

CalmRosebud February 8th, 2023

Great idea!

CalmRosebud March 21st, 2023

I wonder how to get more interest in this idea? It's really a great concept. Perhaps if more people were clamoring to host, then mod buddies might step up. Or maybe mod buddies might be recruited from college students seeking credits for group work, as in offering a certain number of Academy credits for participating in group facilitation. I'm not sure what would make this option attractive to someone who was seeking having more experience in helping facilitate in a group setting. I know what motivated me was a sort of inspired vision as it were of Sharing Circles being some sort of solution to the lack of attentive listening in our society, even if for only up to 7 minutes and the potential for groups to have more of a sense of community than 1:1 sharing/listening dyad. I wonder if Psychology students or others might be interested through their studies in the group model. These are just thoughts off the top of my head.

cyanPlatypus6370 March 22nd, 2023

@Lou73 - hi Lou :) I just wanted to say I think this is a very good idea to help out the hosts. Especially as some hours of the day or week are SOOO busy!

Also I decided to write you a message because I love <3 love the doggos! #DoggoHugs #FreeHugTime #BestBuddys Yay, dogs rule! hehe <3 Platy

Lou73 OP March 23rd, 2023

Aww thanks so much @cyanPlatypus6370, it's such a cute gif πŸ₯°

GoldenNest2727 March 25th, 2023

@cyanPlatypus6370

Hey there, Platy! I haven't seen you around in ages. It's good to see you again.

cyanPlatypus6370 April 10th, 2023

@GoldenNest2727

Nest? Can that really be you?! Hi :) and Happy Easter!!! (offers hug) <3 Platy

GoldenNest2727 March 25th, 2023

It's a great idea, Lou73! I hope there's enough interest to sustain the program.

Lou73 OP March 26th, 2023

Thanks @GoldenNest2727 it would be great if we could get some volunteers for this :)

March 25th, 2023

@Lou73 double check your tag list... πŸ˜› I wasn't on it... mod and host for sc here.

@richuyulin this tag list was correct at time of posting but I will add any new or returning mods in the newbie hub :) thanks for all your hosting and mod support in SC, it's greatly appreciated <3

Cancun March 25th, 2023

Awesome idea. That would help us out sooooooo much. It would make coming off a self care break so much easier for me because it won't be as stressful to host. I love our mods. I'd love to work with one. Congratulations 🎊 on whoever came up with this idea. Yay. Huge hugs πŸ€—β€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œβ€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œβ€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ€—

Aww @Cancun, I will do my best to find you a mod buddy so you can feel better about returning from your self-care break <3

If anyone is interested in supporting Cancun at 10pm ET Mon-Fri please comment below :)

Cancun March 26th, 2023

@Lou73

Thanks so much. I really appreciate that. πŸ€—β€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ€—

CalmRosebud March 26th, 2023

@Cancun

Oh my gosh, I love you Cancun, but I am snoring at that time (reported from a reliable source). I really hope one of our "night birds" can be your Buddy Mod! I so love this concept and I really think it could help people who bravely step forward to host, feel more comfortable and safe and secure.

Cancun March 26th, 2023

@VioletVeritas

Violet I love you too. We'd make a killer team. I am snoring when your hosting. Lol OK one of us has to move. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ I look forward to waking up way before sunrise to see you host again. Hugest hugs ever πŸ€—β€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œβ€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œβ€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ€—