Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Residential care

fenixofavonlea December 29th, 2022

theres a chance i might be going to residential care, again. i went in March and left that place in October. to be fair, i asked if i could go. but im still really nervous! ive been doing poorly latey, and im not sure what to do anymore. ive been dealing with a lot of SH and SI. my mom is upset i might have to go, but my dad is okay with it. we might not even be able to afford it, but i hope we can. i really need the help im just really scard. any tips on how to explain to my mom that i still need more help? tips on how to be more comfortable with going to residential care?

versatileWillow2589 December 31st, 2022

It is so hard to ask for help and admit you need help. We don't want our family to know how bad it is at times. My only advice is to be as transparent as your able to. You are not responsible for her reaction. If your willing to be honest and open, hopefully she'll listen and support you going back. I've been in this position with my family. Hiding and lying only made things worse. And being honest, I'm holding myself accountable. Does that make sense?