Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What to do about sharing contact information?

condemnedself July 1st, 2016

Hi,

As a regular user of the support rooms, I am aware that sharing contact information does happen.

To be brief, I was wondering if members can instead share links to other places on the Internet? Places such as other chat rooms that allows private messaging, so that contact information can be securely exchanged.

The rules, as they are currently worded, allow for sharing this sort of link.

If members adopt this, they could stop sharing contact information in the support rooms, (where anyone can see it).

I wanted to know if this is a workable idea. Because sharing of contact information is going to continue in the support rooms unless there is a safer way to do it.

Dillion July 1st, 2016

@condemnedself Hello! Thank you for being a great member of group support, I have reviewed your question, and although some users do share youtube links, any offsite contact links or any social media links such as Facebook, or Twitter, or Instagram, would be in violiation of this rule as it is breaking anonymity. We want to keep all contact on and inside of 7 cups only!! I hope this clears any information up you needed information on.