Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Coping with Grief and Loss

Mel September 6th, 2020

There is no right or wrong way to grieve, but there are healthy ways to deal with the grieving process.

What are your own tips for coping with Grief & Loss?

Here are mine:

1) Take care of yourself as you grieve! Everything you feel is normal and valid.

2) Face your feelings - they're there, okay, what are we going to do about them?

3) Find ways that you like to digest what you're feeling! It could be writing, drawing, talking, whatever you feel comfortable with!

Share with us!

lovelyWhisper66 September 9th, 2020

Great post! Self care is definitely vital.

trulyhereforyou February 23rd

@Mel

For me nature can be like that gentle friend who's always thereĀ šŸ™ƒ

Spending time outdoors, likeĀ hiking in the mountains has this calming effect that can really soothe your spirit. Or finding a quiet spot to sit and reflect and let the sounds of nature be your soundtrack as you process your emotions.

Anooshay Friday

@Mel As grief is such a personal experience, there is no one correct method to get through it. I've found the following few tips to be helpful:

Ensure your own well-being. Keep in mind that all of your feelings are legitimate and normal.
Face your emotions: It's critical to recognize your sentiments and choose how to respond to them.
Locate your outlet. Use whatever feels right to process your feelings, whether it's talking, writing, or sketching.
I'd be interested in knowing how you personally deal with loss and sadness. What has proven effective for you?

Anooshay Friday

@Anooshay i am talking about others