Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

its hard grieving someone who is still alive.

yourlocalbard August 16th, 2023

a few summers ago, i want to say back in 2020 or 2021 , my bestfriend and basically brother , jeremiah, moved in with his mother without telling me and our whole friendgroup, who were all basically family. more like found family, but to me that doesnt matter. we were eachothers family because ours sucked. and i wouldnt have traded that for the world. im not mad at him for moving. im just mad he didnt say goodbye. his dad was heavily abusive, and we knew jeremiah was suicidal. it was for the best. but now, we havent seen him since the last time we hung out. we barely talk. but when we are able to call once a few months, it makes me so happy. but so sad, because i know he wont come see us. i hate calls with all my heart, but for him i’d stay on for ages just to talk to him, because i never know if it’ll be the last time. he always says he will come see us. but he never shows. hes explained why, and i still have hope even though its stupid. one of the friends from the friendgroup, melody, has still been with me for about 5 years soon. she always tells me to stop getting my hopes up, but i dont think i ever will. i just miss him. hes my brother, man. and losing him hurt more than anything. i hope he comes home someday.

Sasher August 16th, 2023

@yourlocalbard that's so hard and so sad because you really do have to grieve the loss but then still have a relationship over the phone knowing you're potentially never going to see him again 😢

HealingTalk August 18th, 2023

@yourlocalbard

Hey there, Band!

It sounds like you've been through a lot with your friend Jeremiah. It's tough when someone who's been like family suddenly moves away without giving you a heads-up. Those bonds you had with your friend group were really special, like your own kind of chosen family, and it's understandable that you're feeling the loss of that connection.

It's a mix of emotions, isn't it? You're not mad at Jeremiah for making that move – in fact, it seems like it was a pretty necessary step considering the difficult situation he was in. But what really stings is that he didn't say goodbye. It's like he left without giving you the chance to properly say your farewells and hold onto that bond.

The fact that he was dealing with such a tough family situation and his own struggles adds another layer to all of this. Knowing he was in a bad place makes you understand why he had to leave, even though it was hard for everyone involved.

And those rare calls you get to have with him? They're bittersweet, right? It's like you're holding onto this lifeline of connection, but you're also aware that he might not come back to visit. Those conversations mean a lot to you, and you're willing to push through your dislike of calls just to talk to him because you don't want to miss any chance to catch up.

Your friend Melody seems like a real rock in your life, offering her perspective and being there for you. It's natural that she wants you to manage your expectations, to not set yourself up for disappointment, but hope has its way of hanging on.

It's clear that Jeremiah holds a special place in your heart. He's not just a friend, but a brother to you. Losing that connection was a heavy blow, and that pain is still with you. It's okay to feel that way and to wish for him to come back someday. It's like there's a part of you that's always hoping he'll return, even if it seems a bit far-fetched.

It's okay to hold onto that hope, as long as you're also finding ways to take care of yourself and keep moving forward. Cherish the memories you have, stay connected with the friends who are still there for you, and who knows – maybe someday you'll get that visit you've been longing for.

I hope you feel better soon.

I hope to see you around here again.

All the best in your life!

Marcelo.