Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hard grief

SeekForgiveness730 September 6th

I have had many losses in my life. My grandparents, my dad. Recently I’ve lost a cousin around my age. 

I’m just feeling so overwhelmed with emotions and I’ve been crying for the last month. 

I’m overwhelmed with sadness. 

It’s triggering my depression. Sometimes I just want to scream.

juliak1968 September 9th

@SeekForgiveness730

Hello,

When my daughter committed s****** I needed therapy and one of my therapist had me read a book by Frankl something, you google Logo Therapy to find it. So I read the book and it was so extremely sad and hopeless that it made me realize other people have it just as bad if not far worse. that's called "Logo therapy". Deep down it helped me gain a perspective, I guess I needed, to be able to get back my healthy perspective. Life is for the living and the people that pass on would want us to be happy and prosper. Time heals these things, so give yourself time to grieve and work through it and you will adapt new coping tools. Try several Listeners on 7cups to help you find healthy ways to grieve. Tag me if you want to chat.

Take good care!

Blessings, Day

juliak1968 September 9th

@SeekForgiveness730

I just found this:

Logotherapy was developed by neurologist and psychiatrist Viktor Frankl and is based on the premise that the primary motivational force of an individual is to find a meaning in life