Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

On the cusp of reaching my goal

Coolzebra0419 April 19th, 2022

Summer 2021 was rough. I was passed over for a promotion at my job that I worked hard for. I was passed over for someone I trained because he is friends with one of the clients we serve. I spent a couple of weeks beating myself up about it. Another position opened up that I tried to get. I received 2 referrals for the position only to be told that I did not have enough experience. When I asked what experience I could get to be prepared on it for the next attempt, they could not give me an answer.

Fast forward to October 2021, I picked up a second job to make ends meet due to not getting the promotions that I banked on. I went back to an old job I used to work at because I knew the building well and was hoping that I could get attention to put pressure on my full time job to make a move. I was still in a funk. I still had animosity in my heart.

I finally decided to let it go, all of my bitterness wasn't going to change anything. I decided to take all of the built up frustration and focused on making myself better. I finished getting my green belt in lean six sigma before the year ended. That created a renewed spark in me. I started creating projects that let me get more recognition on my full time job. I saved our site $200,000 by taking advantage of our warranty on flash drives.

I decided to get more certifications under my belt. I am now a certified black belt in lean six sigma. With this, I am gaining more opportunities to improve our processes and get recognized for my work more.

I am now in position for a bigger promotion than what I planned for.

The grind can't stop now. I will not lose focused like that again.

7CupsUserPol April 19th, 2022

Thanks for the message. Your absolutely right.

I love to see the work you put in!