Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My Girl Scout gold award journey(Girltopia) Speech!

GlisteningEmbers March 3rd

Hello, here's my speech that I'm so proud of!

If you make a girl happy, she will smile.

If you make a girl smile, she will be kind to you.

If she is kind to you, you will like her.

If you like her, she will inspire you.

If she inspires you, you’ll make a change for the better.

If you make a change for the better, you’ll inspire someone else,

just like she inspired you when you made her happy.

During the development of my part of the Girltopia journey, I wrote this poem with the goal to empower and inspire girls to always support the people around them. It illustrates that a chain of events can be triggered by the simple act of making someone happy.

It reminds us that by spreading happiness and kindness, we not only uplift other girls, but also inspire them to make positive changes in their own lives and the lives of those around them. It's a powerful reminder of the influence we hold and the potential we have to create a brighter, more compassionate world through our actions.

This poem begins with a simple adage: if you make someone happy, they will smile. It emphasizes the importance of spreading joy and kindness in our interactions with others. When we make someone smile, it sets off a chain reaction of positivity. They, in turn, are more likely to be kind to us, fostering a sense of connection and empathy.

As these positive interactions continue, relationships are strengthened and bonds are formed. We begin to like and admire those who show kindness to us, finding inspiration in their actions and attitudes. This inspiration fuels our own desire to make a difference in the world.

When someone inspires us, it motivates us to strive for personal growth and improvement. We're encouraged to step out of our comfort zones, embrace new challenges, and pursue our dreams with determination. In this way, inspiration becomes an incitement for positive change in our lives.

But it doesn't stop there. My poem reminds us that when we make a change for the better, we have the potential to inspire others in turn through our actions and attitudes. Our actions and attitudes serve as a light of hope and encouragement for those around us, motivating them to embark on their own journey of self-discovery and transformation.

The big takeaway from this is to surround yourself with the people who inspire you to be the best version of yourself, and that leading life with the intention of kindness can lead to something serendipitous. And for those of you who don’t know, serendipity is when something good is found, or something good happens without looking for it.

Together, we can create a world where kindness prevails, and where the ripple effect of our actions has the power to change lives for the better.

@GlisteningEmbers

Aww this is so so uplifting, positive and inspiring. Way to go, youuu!💗

cartoon-cheer.gif