Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Help Post

SolarGlow February 14th

How do you cope with difficult emotions?

Tinywhisper11 February 14th

@intuitiveBike6557 I'm not really sure, maybe a distraction, or a break away from everything, seeking support here and with a listener, perhaps engaging in a fun hobby or interest ❤❤ good luck sweetie ❤ gives you a giant tiny hug ❤

EmmyMarie06 February 16th

@SolarGlow    well it depends on what it is. would you mind sharing and giving me a little more insight so i can help you?

SolarGlow OP February 17th

@EmmyMarie06 I sometimes find difficult emotions such as grief or depression difficult to process and cope with. That's what I need help for.

EmmyMarie06 February 17th

@SolarGlow      okay. thanks for the insight. honeslty giving yourself time to process it is the most important time. i get that you wanna get over it NOW, but being patient is the best thing you can do for yourself. for depression, talk to someone. learn to love yourself, and just continue to be strong. push yourself as much as you can each day. if pushing yourself is you just getting out of bed, then your doing great. anxiety is a hard one, thats just fear based, usually of the unkown. try facing your fears. you got this. remember that all of us love you and all of us MORE than support you and your journy!!!!!

Heather225 February 17th

@SolarGlow

this guide might help: https://www.7cups.com/help-managing-emotions/

Countrygirl095 February 17th

I write my thought too

loyalMoon898 February 17th

@SolarGlow Coping with difficult emotions involves acknowledging and accepting them without judgment. Engaging in self-care activities like exercise, meditation, or spending time with loved ones can provide relief. Expressing emotions through journaling, talking to a trusted friend, or seeking professional help through therapy are effective coping strategies. Learning to reframe negative thoughts and practicing gratitude can also improve emotional resilience. Remember that it's okay to seek support and that you're not alone in facing challenging emotions.

loyalMoon898 February 17th

@SolarGlow When dealing with tough emotions, I find it helpful to accept them without judging myself. Doing things I enjoy, like exercising or spending time with loved ones, can lift my mood. Talking to a friend or writing in a journal helps me process what I'm feeling. Sometimes, just changing my perspective or focusing on things I'm grateful for can make a big difference. It's important to remember that it's okay to ask for help when I need it.

1q2w3e4r February 20th

@SolarGlow When i started to struggle a ton. i chose to keep it to myself, not express it and just spent my freetime watching sitcoms. Now im still watching the same couple sitcoms for like the 40th time now still keeping the emotions to myself without expressing them. can say that it helps to binge watch different series.

Countrygirl095 February 25th

@SolarGlow writing is a huge help for me

wonderfulCupcake1464 February 29th

I cope with difficult emotions when I have an anger issues so I need to calm myself down by coping with them.

March 4th

@SolarGlow I'm still trying to figure out how sadly. 

It's hard when you subconsciously make up scenarios that you think are true but struggle to realize that what you're coming up with isn't reality and then when it all passes you feel so embarrassed because you spent an hour in panic mode or stressing

amusingWest5360 April 5th

@SolarGlow  I'm still figuring that out, sometimes even doing the things that I think will help don't always help and I'm still find myself struggling

imhereforyou821 April 9th

@SolarGlow

i don’t 

Kristynsmama April 10th

@SolarGlow

i would like to invite you over to the grief and loss subcommunity.  If grief is a subject that you are having trouble with, then that’s a good place for support.  I am hosting an adult group chat tomorrow in the Support Session Room from 9-11 pm EST.  I would love for you to join us.

~Kristy

delicateMonkey April 12th

@SolarGlow

Taking a walk or run, taking some deep breathes, drinking some water, stretching, or by watching some youtube

FeureVox April 12th

@SolarGlow The reason I avoid gatherings.

navyTalker73 April 13th

Reframing the situation helps me a lot. When it comes to anxiety, I use to think those anxious thoughts and half of it never happened, I would laugh at the way I imagined.

Sadness can show some things that happiness cannot like realising the value of good times, how we take time for granted. I give credits to me for past achievements.

Spending time in nature, journaling my emotions and some hobby helps me .

Reminder: It's always darkest before dawn

There is light at the end of tunnel.

This pain will be useful in future ✨ One who rise after every fall is stronger than those who never fall😊

sophieee6271 April 15th

@SolarGlow Start by acknowledging and accepting your feelings without judgment. It's okay to experience a wide range of emotions, and they are a natural part of being human. Allow yourself the space to feel and validate your emotions. Taking care of yourself is crucial during challenging times. Engage in activities that bring you joy and relaxation, such as exercising, spending time in nature, listening to music, practicing mindfulness or meditation, or pursuing hobbies. Prioritize activities that help you recharge and provide a sense of comfort. Reach out to friends, family, or a trusted support network. Sharing your feelings and experiences with others can provide emotional support and perspective. Consider talking to a therapist or counselor who can offer guidance and help you develop healthy coping strategies.  Find healthy ways to express and process your emotions. This might include journaling, engaging in creative outlets like art or music, practicing deep-breathing exercises, or engaging in relaxation techniques. Avoid turning to unhealthy coping mechanisms, such as substance abuse, excessive screen time, or self-isolation, as these can exacerbate difficult emotions in the long run.

ItisNita May 4th

I am not expert not a therapist but most of the times my new and close friends love to share their feelings with me, a lot of friends I know even my niece once asked me "Do I ever have a problem in my life?" Well I said of course I am a human, these are what I do every time I feel like my emotions want to explode hope it will work for you too. Take problems (include emotions like anger, sorrow, sadness, and so) are part of life. It sounds easy to say but it is true ,as long as we are breathing we are alive, like night will be replaced by day, problem/emotions will always be there time to time. Then, wash your face, and drink, water will make you feel better. If you believe in God, pray. Talk to someone you trust, never hold it inside. Eat your fav food without worrying being fat, do your hobbies go out, if it is possible for you to go to closest beach go there and scream loud, share your feelings even to your pet, just don't hold it. Don't hesitate to visit therapist, they will help you. One more time, every mankind has their problem, you are not alone, all people around the world are struggling with their life no matter what their problem or emotional they are. Remember you are not alone, just don't hold it. I am just sharing my experience, hope you will be okay.

75Ktea May 6th

@SolarGlow It depends on the emotion, but I will share with you the things that work for me :) maybe one can work for you or someone else. 🌸

When anxious (overwhelmed, stressed, etc) : I need to move

• Outside options: Go for a long walk with no direction, bike, run.
  • Inside options: Dance, deep cleaning something or the entire house, organizing something or everything, talk with someone who will just listen -no suggestions needed- just listen.

When sad (grieving, depressed, etc): I need to stay still.

• Outside options: space out, having a hot drink (such as coffee or tea), dress in black, wear headphones.
  • Inside options: stay in bed or couch, listen to music so that makes me feel understood, eat something I really like, talk with someone who is caring.

When angry: I need to vent the heat. 

• Outside options: High intensity excersises, running, boxing with punching bag
  • Inside options: scream into a pillow, vent while talking (on the phone or chat) with a friend who knows that I'm not taking it out on them and it's completely unrelated to them.

I talk about both inside and outside options because I know not all the time we can be in a precise place when feeling difficult emotions and still have to somehow function, so those are some of the ways that help me cope :) hope some of them might be of help! 💐

@SolarGlow I accept them. It's not like they're going away - :) 

Olive1Q82 May 8th

It’s not easy. I just do the best I can.

i cry alot. Maybe if that’s the worst of it, it’s not so bad. 😆🙂

There’s another app I use called Ahead. It’s been helpful. It’s for emotional regulation and provides helpful advice in small doses.

BermudaSunshine May 9th

Pray. Listen to music. Talk to a trusted friend. Walk.

RunningWater May 10th

Keep pushing no matter how much it's hurts and build a tolerance to grow stronger. Like a broken bone healing, the bone will be naturally stronger. Easier said than done