Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Moving Forwards

Ketsuki December 29th, 2014

Season's greetings fellow tea drinkers. I hope you've all had a wonderful and peaceful time over Christmas and Boxing day, even if you do not celebrate the holiday.

So, I really wasn't sure whether to put this underneath anxiety/work/relationships since this issue contains all three. As a bit of background, both me and my long-term long distance boyfriend live with our parents and family as we cannot afford a place of our own. He is doing well in his workplace and suggested that I try working with him.Basically, I lost my job in August and have since then been wondering if I should move in with my boyfriend and see about getting a job with him at the other end of the country, or if I should stay at home and save up my money until we can both afford somewhere to live.

I'm more or less erring on the side of staying at home for a while whilst I work on my anxiety issues. I'm afraid of finding a new job as I feel as though I'm going to be rubbish at it or it might make my depression/anxiety worse. I have a learning disability that affects how quickly I can understand and perform tasks. I've been called slow and simple before, and I can't say I blame the people who have said this to me as it takes me much longer to do the work regardless of how hard I try. :|

Something else that is bothering me is the fact that I'm oversleeping. This never used to be a problem. Ihave two alarm clocks set up, and I've even placed them away from my bed but I will still walk over to them and turn them off! I now always wake up at around 11 or 12 AM. I try to keep myself busy throughout the day by walking the dog and doing housework. I don't have any friends nearby but I do talk to my partner and friends who live far away, as well as family obviously.

If you're still reading my rambling thoughts, well done lol. I'd love some advice or even to know I'm not alone in these thoughts and worries. Thanks for reading.

thoughtfulLion39 December 29th, 2014

Baby steps.

Ellejae18 January 17th, 2015

@Ketsuki, please know that you have a loving and supportive community here with 7 cups of tea. I can tell you are dealing with so many different questions and doubts in your mind, hang in there. Things will get better :)