Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Excited for a new beginning.

sweetclover82 January 29th, 2015

I have been wanting to go to grad school for acouple years now. Husband has been hesitant to have me go because of the cost and our ability to afford for me to go toschool and only work part time. We live in a small,religiously-strict community.Opportunities for growth here areextremely limited but, like everyone else, the cost of living issteadilyincreasing. My husband has beenworking for the same company for 9 years and is making $10.70/hr. AND he just got a raise! Needless to say, we've been financially stressed (we also have twolittles) but money's never really something we've argued about. Today he came home after another frustrating day of being belittled by his boss, and told me to help him find another job. Why not at a University? Good pay, benefits, plus a certain spouse might qualify for a discount on tuition. Just so happens, the University I've been looking at has ONE opening for his position, application due tomorrow. I think this is one of those times that opportunity knocks and, dang it, I'm opening the door.

Celaeno December 8th, 2016

Hi @sweetclover82! Sorry that your posts hadn't got a reply for such a long time, but I just wanted to write that the position really did seem like a good opportunity. Being ambitious is great, as long as you remember to good care of yourself.

I don't know how your situation looks like right now, but I really hope you feel satisfied and content with your life. Wishing you and your loved ones all the best!