Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A new perspective on Selfishness

MetalheadMoMo6 June 26th, 2015

Yesterday I became aware that I was being more selfish by denying myself and others my true identity than by having self confidence. I was being selfish because I was denying my needs and my individuality to make things easier for myself. It worked for along time-until I had summoned up the courage to stand up for something I believe in. As a consequence, people aren't nice because they don't think I deserve it. People see when someone respects themselves and if they don't, they see it as permission to be rude and hurtful. This is all the more reason to be who I am and not be apologetic about it.

PaperGirl5 June 27th, 2015

I think this is a beautiful and deeply introspective way to look at how we treat ourselves and others. What a neat take on selfishness regarding one's self as opposed to others! I agree in believing that we owe it to ourselves to be true to our beliefs and values and disregard what others may think. It is indeed selfish for us to hide how wonderful we are due to fear of others' opinions. Love your thoughts on this!

CHRISTI2016 September 11th, 2015

In this world, you are going to come across selfish people. People who are totally and completely only into themselves. These people don't care about others and dwell on themselves. These people need to be ignored. They aren't people who will enrich your lives.

RaccoonPaws November 3rd, 2015

You cannot set yourself on fire to keep others warm. I have to remind myself daily