Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What was your FIRST experience like opening up to a listener here?

Maymay1234 December 9th, 2022

It was exactly a week after I'd started my journey towards healing from a toxic relationship, when I decided to try out 7cups. And my first chat was WHAT I NEEDED. It felt unreal. It was as though, the listener knew exactly what I felt like inside me.

I needed a conversation with a stranger who'd listen, and give me as much clarity that could lessen the emotional and mental burdens that I was going to talk about. I wanted to be vulnerable without fear of shame or judgement. And I got exactly what I hoped to get.

I was listened to without having to beg for attention. I felt heard and understood. Above all I felt safe (for the first time) opening up to a person about my painful feelings and thoughts.

Let me add to this by saying that after the chat, I had the courage and words to write about my experience. I found the right simple words to describe my emotions. In less than 2 hours, I was able to write 18 pages narrating (from a healthier perspective) what I'd been feeling since the breakup happened. This is what sharing your pains/feelings with someone (anonymous) who listens without the intention of judging you or condemning your actions or inactions in the events that led to the sad experience (s).

I would like to know what your first experience was like chatting with a listener here.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 10th, 2022

Aww this really made my day, and I'm sure of the listener too, who created such a positive impact on you. It's so true, being actually listened to in a compassionate, non-judgmental space where we can feel vulnerable and allow ourselves to express how we feel is so helpful and a terrific experience to have. I'm really glad it was a positive experience for you, @Maymay1234, so proud of you for taking the plunge to reach out and share. ❤

I hope everyone here experiences similar at least once in their member-journey at 7 cups. ✨

Sending love and best wishes!

Maymay1234 OP December 10th, 2022

Yes! And it's amazing how the Universe works!

If I was told that I'd be at a point in my life where I'd share my burning painful feelings with a human being, I'd not believe it. But I think what life does is put you in the RIGHT SITUATION for the RIGHT PERSON to be met. I needed that breakup to really make me surrender my guard and be vulnerable without fear of shame. And I found the right platform that to happen. Would you believe that I found this app on a list of APPS TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS in an article online, few months before the breakup happened? But I didn't even bother to check out the website. 😂 But the right situation (broken relationship) happened, and I found myself here. Then, I remembered, “oh, I think this app's name rings a bell”

Life works magically when we go with the flow.

Thank you for taking time to read my post.

Love and hugs ❤️

cloudySummer December 10th, 2022

I had been looking at listener profiles already for a couple weeks, and never dared knock on anyone's 'door' because I thought I wouldn't know what to say, and that I actually had no problems that were bad enough to warrant someone else caring about them. In the end, it was a listener on the forums who took initiative and asked me to contact them. That was one of the best things on 7cups that ever happened to me, even though, after (too many) chats, I found that I actually didn't really 'click' with that person. The first chat was kind of frightening, I really didn't know what to say. And I felt so different that I thought it's impossible to understand me, or even figure out what the problem is. The person was nice, though, and I ended up writing a lot more than I thought I even knew.

I think I still have not found anyone I click with, but I don't know whether I still want to look for that person. It's probably futile.

Maymay1234 OP December 10th, 2022

Funnily enough, the first person that I started a chat with, didn't even reply my message. I thought to myself that it'd be meaningless giving another one a try. After several minutes, I chose another listener, and that was it for me! I didn't have to 'over-explain' myself, or have to ask for clarity. It was like talking to my higher self (the part of me that knew all the answers to my questions).

I believe now, that there is a right situation, right person, and right platform for answers to come around with so much ease and clarity, and without fear of shame or judgement. This is a wonderful platform (I have chatted with just one person here), but I'm sure there are hundreds of right persons for every member of this platform. Follow your intuition, and chat with who you feel a connection with. There are tens of people to choose. But whether or not, the person 'clicks' well, know that there's always at least ONE thing to learn from every conversation. The answers a listener provides may not address the issue you're discussing, but take something from the conversation. The fact that everyone here (except the licensed therapists/counsellors) is anonymous is one beautiful feeling to cherish, right?

Thank you for taking time to read my post!

Love and light ❤️