Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Things are really bad

Angiewaa June 29th, 2023

i think too much thats my problem. maybe i should just stop- stop worrying stop thinking stop eating stop breathing stop living... yeah ill stop. then maybe it will be alittle more quiet in my mind

now ill stop being an inconvenience

bye👋🏾

Skansly June 29th, 2023

@Angiewaa

if all you want to stop thinking much its becomes simple as you realise what does a quiet mind feels like.

hopefulPond6108 June 29th, 2023

@Angiewaa You might look into mindfulness practices. It might help you engage less with your thoughts.

One thing that new meditators get frustrated with is that their mind has a way of coming up with all kinds of thoughts. Even seasoned meditators get frustrated with this.

If you sit in a quiet place and try to think of nothing, even for just a few seconds your mind will come up with something, anything. Thoughts like, “my nose itches”, “I wonder if I should cook chicken tonight”, “maybe cats are better than dogs”, “did I pay the bills”, “I bet the queen of England liked asparagus.”

I’ve come to believe the mind is just a random thought generator. It seems more orderly than that, until you start meditating of course.

Sitting with your eyes closed is not the only time to learn how to deal with the constant stream of thinking that comes up, but it’s a good place to start.

Mindfulness practice can help you relate to your thoughts in much more productive ways. You don’t have to fight them or be led around by your thoughts. It’s quite a liberating feeling. I hope you look into it.