Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The I Ching - does anyone here use it?

CharlieDont37 June 30th, 2023

Curious if anyone uses the I Ching to help understand life, understanding your relationships, and as an opportunity to discover alternate perspectives, & etc....

If you do, which version do you use? Have you explored other versions?

Have you tried the online versions?

I find using it and contemplating the resultant Hexagrams jaw-droppingly revelatory. And wonder if others do?

SolarGenerator July 1st, 2023

@CharlieDont37 One of my favorite topics. I watched a video on the history of the I-Ching. Currently have only a passing familiarity with the Rave I-Ching. Would be interested to talk more.

CharlieDont37 OP July 1st, 2023

@KrillCactus

Thank you for replying 'Krill Cactus'. Absolutely, please feel free to continue on.

FYI: here is a fascinating (to me) online site that I use frequently. I compare and balance these resultant hexagrams to the Richard Wilhelm Version and the Carol Anthony Version. I have a few others, but these 3 offer the most to me.

The website is https://psychicscience.org/ching3 The readings here don't offer as much Hexagram explanation - but I enjoy the ability to toggle between the main Hexagram, the resultant Moving Line(s) Hexagram, and the Potential Hexagrams and read the Hexagram results in the versions above.

If you have not read the Carl Jung introduction to the Wilhelm version, please give it a read. I remain astonished each time I read it.