Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

No friends No family

reliableSky9730 February 23rd

At 52 I lost most my friends due to poor decision making, alcohol and need for attention I didn't get from parents as a child.  The childhood trauma has screwed my head up, making impossible to find any relationships I can trust will not hurt me.  I just want out of this unsafe, never ending *** hole and find the positive again.  Sucks when there's no validation or simple kind words FROM ANYONE.  Therapy is a never ending battle of not falling through county cracks in the system.  Patterns of failure haunt daily, so why bother? Doubt and helpless is all I feel anymore. I need good people around me and there's NO ONE for miles seems like.

toughTiger6481 February 23rd

@reliableSky9730

I hear you and can relate.... i have lost touch and often interests with previous friends and some were just tired of my negative outlook..... when i NEEDED someone the most i feel people disappear i finally took it as a sign  for me........ to see i need to be my own best friend and confident.... 

i have worked thru some things by being my own tough love person too ... questioning my perspective and challenging my thoughts especially when they go negative.    I know it may be less interactive but i find i can not look in a mirror and lie to my self about my flaws or make a story look more positive etc .I found i did that with friends and therapy ....

it also sucks when you do have someone  and they shed a light that i may be making something small worse than it is ........with a friend / listener/ therapist i find myself defending that thought instead of seeing "yeah this is really not a big deal"  .... in dealing with myself i can t BS myself. 

i found when i do some work on my own..... it was like someone else shows up to help me through the next phase. 

Countrygirl095 March 1st

@reliableSky9730 I'll be your friend

coolvibes March 3rd

@reliableSky9730 Hello,

having family conflict and losing loved ones is very hard. Dealing with the effects of trauma and having trust issues can lead to feeling Isolated and lonely. I can relate to feeling like there isn’t anywhere to belong and have connection. Finding a good listener is a great beginning. I am so glad to see you reaching out and taking a chance on the community here at 7 cups. You are not alone in your feelings. Taking steps to secure a support system can make the world of difference. Keep reaching out and learning. You are always welcomed to message me. Be well, and  know the community is here for you.

ukiyoomi March 3rd

@reliableSky9730

Hello, your feelings are completely understandable. Feeling like there's no connection to anyone else is something I relate to as well. While it may be difficult, finding someone who you can vent to or anyone who can be there for you, can really help you out. Be gentle with yourself as you navigate through challenges. Process comes gradually. I hope this helped in any way