Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Married but lonely.

Johnnybgud5150 June 6th, 2023

Anyone here married yet still feel alone?

toughTiger6481 June 6th, 2023

@Johnnybgud5150

There are many all over married but lonely......

spouse has either lost interest to even have a decent conversation let alone finding things we might still have in common ......video games or other distractions equal sitting in same room like sitting with stranger in a waiting room.

as i write this my spouse has a TV show i have always disliked ...blaring .... asked WTH and they says "I only put it on cause i thought you liked it' .......... complete disconnect..........

yet a week down the road they will do exact same thing.... " forgetting " ..........

I have had more stimulating conversation with a complete stranger then i have with spouse in last few years....... yet if you ask they will say we are Happy LMAO

if you want to have a marriage keep it real and engaged .... grow together and most of all do not make assumptions based on who knows what ...........

the stranger i share a bank account with could not tell you anything about me............

Johnnybgud5150 OP June 6th, 2023

@toughTiger6481 I totally agree. I have been married for many years and now our conversations are surface level and If I want to go deeper she gets bored with it and ends the discussion.Nothing gets resolved that way. And yes I get more satisfaction talking to strangers than my own wife.Sad but true.

toughTiger6481 June 7th, 2023

@Johnnybgud5150

Yes there are many of us .....

talk about the weather or something superficial....and if a topic comes up they seem amazed at the fact we do not see things same way ...... so we sit in silence ......

TV is least objectionable for both parties but i need to watch what i like when they are gone....

do not get me started on food choices ..... or anything else. so bored living by myself with a interfering roommate.