Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Just about something

SunnyFox207 June 17th, 2023

Sometimes I read back to conversations I had earlier online, like a year ago. And these specific conversations i'm talking about are with this one girl who was like 3 years older than me. She hated me. She was so harsh, went all the way to find my real name and use it whenever talking about me. And if she wasn't using my name she was using also bad words to describe me. So yea not very nice. I hated talking with her, after all she said all of this about me, and she scared me too. She wouldn't give up with it. She kept doing it and doing it. I hated her at the moment, whenever she messaged me I would have to turn my phone off and do something to calm myself down cause I would always start shaking and feel as if I was gonna throw up. I kept reading back to these conversations though. I don't understand them. I know what the words I'm reading mean, and I know what the idea is, but I don't understand how what I was doing back then was wrong. All I know is that reading back on this a year later a lot of things that she said would happen did happen. Which is weird, I actually like didn't trust her at all and even skipped over most of it before since I just didn't care. It's weird. But she was right about other things too that I began understanding a little now. One thing that I still don't get though is why she thought it was so important for me to "get help". I really don't see how I would need to do that. Yea what I was doing probably wasn't okay, and for now I'm not doing it and maybe I'll understand when I'm older. I don't get why she thought it was so urgent though. She actually said it as basically "get help right now or get off your phone right now, you're harming yourself and others with this". I don't get how. I would surely want to learn at least a little about how to stop those feelings and stuff that I posted about on there, I don't do it for now since I was busy with school, and now I mean I want to do those things again, I'm not gonna for a little bit cause I got other people's opinions on it (who were also like in their late teens/early 20's) and they agree a ton with this girl. So idk. cause like everyone older than me is saying it's wrong and all so I should trust them for a bit. Honestly I feel crazy for all of this and for doing that and thinking that all of it. I'm obviously not gonna say what the thing is cause you know, idk people judge and people should judge it, but wouldn't want people on here to see it and think I'm crazy, ended up mentioning it to some listeners I started feeling comfortable with and like instant block, so probably not gonna say it on here and stuff.

seashell145 June 23rd, 2023

@SunnyFox207

If you don't understand what you're doing wrong, maybe go to a therapist? They'll help you understand your thoughts, actions and emotions in a healthy and compassionate way. If you understand, you'll be able to manage it. You'll be able to recognize people who would understand your problems and then share with them. But first you have to gain self awareness.

Another thing that helps with self awareness is journaling. Writing down your emotions and learning why do you feel the way you do can help a lot to learn about yourself. This can be used additionally with the help of a therapist, if doing it on your is not helpful for you, if doing it alone doesn't give you extra insight.

I appreciate you reaching out here. And the next step seems like going to a therapist and understanding yourself better. You deserve love and healing just like all of us. Sending you positive and healing energy.

SunnyFox207 OP June 23rd, 2023

@seashell145 Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to go to a therapist yet, my parents wouldn't allow it and all. Journaling is a good idea, but like you mentioned it's not always the most helpful. Thank you for your comment, honestly agree with most of those things!

blissfulbreeze007 June 23rd, 2023

@SunnyFox207 everyone's experiences and perspectives are different, and it's essential to prioritize your own well-being