Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

It's part question , part me venting

tealLion9329 December 12th, 2022

If your tired of explaining/ going over something that wasn't even supposed to be a huge deal is it rude to just turn off and not engage? this specific conversation has been going on since 11 30 this morning and I'm too annoyed to keep responding. All I want to do is just not deal with it for the rest of the night. I've always been this person who doesn't think of myself first cause I'm always thinking well if I don't then that person will get upset or think I'm just ignoring. but honestly I feel as if I give myself ALL the time even when I'm stressed and I'm tired of being that person. I'm just tired of being the yes person, the catering to every need , want and response. I'm tired of it and I don't want to be that yes person anymore

fruityPond7887 December 19th, 2022

@tealLion9329 Hi! I hope you're doing well. I know that this post is from a while ago, but I want to tell you that boundaries are good and encouraged! We love boundaries here at 7 Cups! 😂 Please take care of yourself and set all the boundaries you need to protect your mental health. Don't let anyone disturb your happiness and it's okay to say no sometimes! We are here for you and you will get through this! ❤️ #boundariesaregood

ElizabethBennet24601 December 19th, 2022

@tealLion9329

Hello!

I don’t know if this will still be relevant for you, but here’s my thoughts. I understand how draining it can be to continue discussing an issue for a long time, and I think it’s perfectly understandable for you to want a break. I think you can ask for that in a tactful way by just honestly communicating how you feel. You could say something like “Hey, this conversation is really weighing me down right now. Could we take a break from it and come back to it later?” And your conversation partner ought to not have a problem with that.