Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I'm good at nothing

Rackson August 22nd, 2023

I feel like I cannot get good at anything. With my adhd I pick up and drop hobbies all the time. The second i start to commit to a hobby, I loose interest in it. This forces me to stop improving. I feel like I am not good at anything. I'm not getting any funnier, I'm not getting any more athletic, and I'm not getting better at school.

It seems everyone around me is good at something, Jacob is good at playing instruments, my sister is good at cameras and filming, Erika is good at swimming and soccer, Campbell is good at drawing, Leo is good with lizards, my dad is good with computers, my mom is good with teaching. It seems everyone has found something that they are good at but me. I swap interests like crazy. Even something I improve on when I'm interested, I drop. I already have such low self esteem, and seeing all these other people be so much better at what they do ruins me. It's not that I'm not confident, but I have burned the idea that if I get even a little bit proud in any skill I have, I will be a cocky @$$hole. School ends in two years, and I'm worried that if I don't get good at something soon, I will fail and flop. Even when I think I'm not bad at something, that voice in my head says "oh you aren't good at all, in fact, you are terrible"

I'm trying to stick to drawing as much as possible, because I like creating things, art, music, writing.

See the problem is that when I do become confident in my skill of and ability, I do better at that thing. When I'm confident that I'm going to draw something I'm proud of, I do.

Long sob story short, I cannot seem to get good at something. I know your initial reaction is probably, "oh, you are young. Don't worry about being good at something, just do what you like" and to that I say, it's easier said than done. It's so devastating seeing everyone else in your life exell at something while you are left in the dust. It really really is.

Anyway, peace out gamers. Untill next time

-Ross J

toughTiger6481 August 23rd, 2023

@Rackson

confidence does help a person get better at items and the number one confidence killer is often ourselves .... especially when we decide to compare ourselves to others......

but we are often convinced from early on to do just that .... It is not an age thing there are many who are older with same type of feelings and self doubt because unlearning the comparison junk takes commitment to chase those thoughts away when they enter your head.