Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hello

LisaGabby December 8th, 2022

Hi everyone,

I'm Lisa. I just joined 7 cups. Hoping to meet new people. I'm relieved to know that people feel the same way I do and that I'm not weird or something.

I'm a book reader.

innateJoy9602 December 8th, 2022

@LisaGabby

Hiya Lisa!

You’ve joined the right community to meet like-minded and supportive souls. It is definitely a nice feeling to not feel alone. Also, What’s your favorite book? I also love books! Welcome💜

LisaGabby OP December 9th, 2022

@innateJoy9602

Hi I can't choose one book but my most favourite is Crave by Tracy wolff . I also love Harry Potter hunger games divergent Twilight

What's yours?

innateJoy9602 December 9th, 2022

@LisaGabby

Nice, since you like series like those I recommend the Maze Runner! Currently, I am enjoying books by Ruth Ware though :) 💜

@innateJoy9602I already read maze runner too.

Thank you for your recommendation

spongbobishappy December 8th, 2022

@LisaGabby

Lisa :

I am inviting you to join me in the Sharing Circle chat room where you meet other

members of 7Cups.com ! Some of the members you will are authors !

@spongbobishappy

Thank you for your invitation. I'll definitely join it.

Excited to meeting different authors

@spongbobishappy

hi how do i join the sharing circle chatroom? could you please provide me some instructions?

thank you

spongbobishappy December 9th, 2022

@LisaGabby

Lisa : this is how you get in the Sharing Circle chat room :

1) 'Chat'

2) 'Group Chat Support'

3) 'Groups'

4) 'Sharing Circle'

@spongbobishappy

Thank you

23helicopters December 9th, 2022

Hi! I'm Elena. Welcome to 7 cups! I hope you will like it here :) Me too I'm a book reader!! I just love books! But currently I'm reading only books about psychiatry as I want to be a psychiatrist. Do you have any books recommendations as I'm kinda tired of reading only that 😂

LisaGabby OP December 10th, 2022

@23helicopters

What type of genre would you like to read?

If you are into vampire fiction read CRAVE by Tracy wolff. That book was so awesome. It was much better than Twilight, hunger games, divergent, Harry Potter combined.

Or you could read divergent, hunger games, maze runner,

If you need romance novels go with Colleen Hoover. It ends with us is one of the best books I have read.

23helicopters December 10th, 2022

@LisaGabby Thank you for ur recommendations! Personally I'm not so much into romance book. But I really like vampire fiction so I'm gonna read CRAVE as soon as I can!

Maymay1234 December 9th, 2022

Welcome here, Lisa!

Phoenixnesting December 9th, 2022

@LisaGabby Welcome! I hope you find your time here helpful, peaceful, and full of all of the support that you need to become everything you can be. <3

There are so many wonderful people here and everyone "fits"-- you have a place as well. If anyone can be of help as you are navigating, you can browse listeners or just join the general chat queue to find someone.

Best wishes, Phoenixnesting

jmslvr December 10th, 2022

@LisaGabby welcome <3

Debian December 10th, 2022

@LisaGabby I also read a lot of books. What kind of books do you read?

@Debian

I mostly read fantasy, fiction, supernatural (vampire, witches..)

My favourite is Crave by Tracy wolff

I also read Harry Potter, divergent, hunger games , maze runner , Twilight, vampire academy, bloodlines

And sometimes romance novels - It ends with us, Verity, ugly love author - Collen hoover, kristy moseley

How about you?

@LisaGabby I tend to stick to science fiction and horror mostly, if I don't read non-fiction books. I mix and match a lot of sciency stuff with a lot of techy stuff. I guess I'm a huge nerd, but I use that term in a positive way.

@Debian

Can you recommend me a good science fiction?

I'm open to new genres and willing to try it.

@LisaGabby Try The Hyperion Cantos or go for Tad Williams. You can never go wrong with classics like Otherworld. But you can also go Neuromancer, which is more cyberpunk or Snowcrash, which is the inspiration for the current "metaverse" thing that keeps popping up everywhere. It was coined in that book, it's pretty good.

If you want "hard scifi", I can't recommend The Remembrance of Earth's Past series enough, it's just too good. But it is different, The Three-Body Problem, The Dark Forest and Death's End by Cixin Liu.

@Debian

I will try these. Thank you

calmMango9611 December 10th, 2022

@LisaGabby Welcome to 7cups.

Welcome to the family.

I love to read as well.

Just wanted to let you know, that at 7cups, we have Group Support Chatrooms.

In those rooms, members support members.

Some members come looking for support.

In case you're interested, here is the link: 7cups.com/connect/groupChatrooms.php

I hope to see you in the rooms from time to time.

@calmMango9611

I will surely see it. Thank you for inviting