Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Handmade Craft Frustration

coyoteskies December 14th, 2023

Hi there, this dilemma of mine is a little complex but I'll try to condense it a bit.

I made a handmade gift package for a then-friend whom I now really don't want anything to do with - having the gift still sitting around reminds me of him and I just don't want to think about him anymore.

The gift package includes a handmade necklace with specific stones, and a handmade card customized with his cat on it. Neither have his name on them or anything, but they're still personal enough that it feels weird to just give them to someone else.

What should I do with them?

crimsonDrum7450 December 14th, 2023

@coyoteskies Since the card has his cat on it maybe you could still give him that, so you don’t have to keep it around as a reminder of him and it could serve as a symbolic parting of ways, which could be cathartic. As for the necklace you could always disassemble it and repurpose the stones in another project later.  

coyoteskies OP December 16th, 2023

I really don't think the first would be a good idea 😅 he most likely doesn't want anything to do with me and would find it creepy. I'm considering taking a good photo of it to save in an online portfolio and then chucking the physical card into he depths of my closet. as for the necklace, I definitely could take it apart :,)

crimsonDrum7450 December 16th, 2023

@coyoteskies That sounds like a good plan, it can sting taking a project apart but the chance to give the materials new purpose and build something new from the old is a perk of crafting. You sound to me like a considerate and thoughtful person, so I hope things start getting easier for you soon.  Best of luck and take care 🫶