Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Grasping at straws

turtlePated December 16th, 2022

Hi everyone.

I've been trying to find a therapist for months. I was working with one that I really liked who told me that she didn't think she could help me anymore after about four or five months. She was also incredibly busy, not easy to reach, and only available once every three or four weeks.

Over the past couple weeks I've been seeing another who was much more available and able to have weekly zoom sessions, but was otherwise flaky, forgetful (not sending me zoom links until I asked for them ten minutes before our session).

This is the part where I tell you I'm currently unemployed, uninsured, and broke. I can't even afford to talk to the therapists here on 7cups.

So if anyone has any recommendations or suggestions, I'd be very interested to hear them.

broadfemmelovelive December 16th, 2022

Hi Turtle,

It sounds like you are going through a very difficult time. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing challenges with finding the right therapist. I can relate to that. I think it's very brave of you to come here and ask for support. We do best when we have a mix of supports. I really recommend looking through 7 cups free resources, there's alot to look at in the community forums and self-guided Path.

Glad to see you here. 🤗