Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Gold Award Resignition Email

GlisteningEmbers July 12th

Hi, Ms. Kelly! 

I'm Sara Goolsby and I attended your good to gold session recently. Unfortunately, I've decided to back out of my gold award project. My mom is a very strict parent, which is good in some ways, but it's detrimental in a lot. For one, I sat down today and planned on putting work into my proposal, only to find the attached screen on my tabs for research. My mother has my google account hooked up to Family Link, with stifling controls that she treats as a game. While I understand that from the outside looking in, she's only trying to keep me safe, that is not the case. She is extremely controlling and she spontaneously blocks apps I use in my free time, just to spite me and my 18 year old sister. With this kind of unnecessary control, she hinders my ability to learn how to manage screen time on my own.  Everything is under my google account, meaning only google services are available. Sadly, google docs is not one of them, which is what my proposal progress is on.
I have been feeling more and more negative about everything lately, including marching band. It's no longer my passion or my goal. Seeing as I'm not able to take accountability and be independent with my project due to my mother's stifling device limitations, It's my regret to back out of an award I could potentially earn and make changes in people's lives, and additionally make a good mark on all resumes in the future. Due to my limitations, I firmly believe that I am not a good fit for this project whatsoever, since the rules include complete independence from parents and it would be best for you not to waste a coach on me. 

Thanks,
Sara Goolsby 
GlisteningEmbers OP July 12th

Hi, Ms. Kelly! 

I'm Sara Goolsby and I attended your good to gold session recently. Unfortunately, I've decided to back out of my gold award project. My mom is a very strict parent, which is good in some ways, but it's detrimental in a lot. For one, I sat down today and planned on putting work into my proposal, only to find the attached screen on my tabs for research. My mother has my google account hooked up to Family Link, with stifling controls that she treats as a game. While I understand that from the outside looking in, she's only trying to keep me safe, that is not the case. She is extremely controlling and she spontaneously blocks apps I use in my free time, just to spite me and my 18 year old sister. With this kind of unnecessary control, she hinders my ability to learn how to manage screen time on my own.  Everything is under my google account, meaning only google services are available. Sadly, google docs is not one of them, which is what my proposal progress is on.

I have been feeling more and more negative about everything lately, including marching band. It's no longer my passion or my goal. Seeing as I'm not able to take accountability and be independent with my project due to my mother's stifling device limitations, It's my regret to back out of an award I could potentially earn and make changes in people's lives, and additionally make a good mark on all resumes in the future. Due to my limitations, I firmly believe that I am not a good fit for this project whatsoever, since the rules include complete independence from parents and it would be best for you not to waste a coach on me. 

Thanks,

Sara Goolsby

HopieRemi July 13th

@GlisteningEmbers

I am sorry to hear that this is happening *hugs

Tinywhisper11 July 13th

@GlisteningEmbers that's sad 😢 I'm sorry sweetie, gives you a big hug ❤ we are all here for you ❤