Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Depression, Anxiety, and Art Block

morguebid July 15th

Lately my depression and anxiety have spiked and I have just a complete blockage of my usual creative flow-

Everything I make turns out terrible, and ideas just don't come to me like they used to...

Anyone have any tips on how to get it back?

juliak1968 July 15th

@morguebid

HI,

I'm sorry you're suffering. Luckily I haven't had a bad anxiety in quite some 2 years or so. I got a therapist that I really adore, and she has taught me how to stay grounded and what to do for a distraction. We need to fight anxiety because anxiety is a thief that steels our joy and hurts our self-esteem. I also had to learn how to aquire coping skills, and tools needed to live my day to day.  I take depression and anxiety medications and another med I can take when needed to shut down the chaotic thoughts in my head and get to sleep. 7cups listeners can be a real blessing!! Try a couple each day and you will really connect with some. I am now very grateful. I still haven't been able to retrain my thinking to try to ward off my PTSD. It's a struggle at times, but just the fact that now I have the hope I desperately needed taught me to keep working at my healing. We absolutely must treat ourselves nicely and learn about what makes us think the way we think.

Message me anytime!

Blessings, Day 🤗

Tinywhisper11 July 15th

@morguebid when I get art blocks, like I have this month, I don't push it. I leave it because otherwise it can start to feel like a chore. Then pretty soon, a idea will spark in my head, and I'll paint/make my idea, and it'll be fun to do. So then I'll start thinking and doing a lot more, and I get that spark and enjoyment back again. So I would say, take a break, don't force it ❤ gives you a giant tiny hug ❤❤