Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Cheebs Check-in

Sakiuu September 22nd, 2023

@cheebsra

How’ve you been? How are the animals?

I’m currently in isolation quarantine at the psych hospital :’D (And I really, realllyyy need a phone charger but I can’t leave to ask)

cheebsra September 29th, 2023

@Sakiuu

Hi. Sorry. I'm back. Hope you're okay and get your charger soon

Sakiuu OP September 29th, 2023

@cheebsra

Hiiii! I hope you’re okay. Wanna chat later? I’m getting a new cat too, help me think of names :D

cheebsra September 29th, 2023

@Sakiuu

Chat sounds lovely. I'd love to help with names.

Sakiuu OP September 30th, 2023

@cheebsra

Sometime tomorrow? And I hope you’re having a restful weekend <3

cheebsra September 30th, 2023

@Sakiuu

I'll try to be around. Sorry. Things have been... different lately.

@cheebsra

Don’t apologize and don’t feel pressured to chat with me. Blanket hugs to you. I’m happy you’re still hanging on. And here’s a pic of [Name Pending]

img-3837_1696081491.jpg

Oh, she kinda looks like Enid!

cheebsra September 30th, 2023

@Sakiuu

I don't feel pressured and it isn't a chore. Would love to chat. She's beautiful. She looks like a Grace or Sourpuss. I'd name her grace or Ethel. Old names I know. I'm not the best at it lol

@cheebsra

I just moved into my new apartment!!

Can’t wait to show you

Those are pretty names!! So now my list is: Poppy, Grace, Tofu and Patchy

I get her tomorrow :DDDDDD

cheebsra October 1st, 2023

@Sakiuu

I love the name poppy!

Sakiuu OP October 1st, 2023

@cheebsra

They don’t want me to adopt her anymore

@cheebsra

Her current name is Tickles, but I don’t like it lmao. I mean . . . what nicknames go with that? Ticks? Ticky? Ick-Ick? 🤣

@cheebsra

Take a bet, if you feel like it. Which cat do you think I’ll adopt today?

- The tortoiseshell I showed you! I arranged to pick her up yesterday, but couldn’t make it to the owner’s home because I had to wait for a delayed mattress delivery. I told the owner if I could come this evening since my moving in took longer than expected, she assumed I had moved away from my new apartment, and left me on read

- A one year old cat I found on FB Marketplace. The ad didn’t even have the cat’s name. Immediately after my introduction message, the person gave me their address and asked when I could pick up the cat today

Ideally, I’d go visit before cats and meet the owners before deciding, but they’re located at completely different ends of my city and they both insisted I pick up the cat as soon as I arrived . . . o.o

@Sakiuu

I am... horrible at deciding the fate of animals. Personally I'd pick them both up. Which one needs you more? Which one do you feel is in a harsher situation? If the option for both is out, I'd consider their situations and make my decision that way.

@cheebsra

Someone adopted the tabby and the tortoiseshell cat owner seems to think I’m a scam. Guess I’m cat-less for now ;;;;;; Ah, I was so excited today

@cheebsra

Your message was serendipitous timing!! I just came across an ad about someone giving away their pregnant cat for free. They don’t want to bring the cat to the vet or take care of the kittens. I’ve reached out. Please hope I can take her in. I’m really worried about this cat

Okay, so the person left my inquiry on read. Maybe it’s because I was just rejected from adopting two cats, but I’m quite on edge, constantly refreshing my inbox to see if they’ll let me adopt the cat . . .

@Sakiuu

Wishing you luck.

@cheebsra

I’m on my way to pick her up right now! Apparently this cat is one and a half years and already has had two litters

@cheebsra

I got her!!

@Sakiuu

What will you do with the kittens? I hope your cat gives you peace and joy. I love my cats more than anything.

@cheebsra

image_1696201722.jpg

Her name is Mila (Meelah)! Aaahhhhhhhh, my heart <3

@Sakiuu

Congratulations to you 🧡

@cheebsra

They told me she’s very affectionate, so here’s hoping we bond together! But first step is vaccinating and spaying her!

I feel so bad seeing her huddled in the closet corner, though :(( Do you think she’ll open up quickly? My last cat was very extroverted so he was comfortable 0.0005 seconds after moving in

cheebsra October 2nd, 2023

@Sakiuu

Once she feels safe, she will come out. Give her time. Give her treats and space. She will begin to associate you with treats and will come out more. Also sit with her sometimes and give her affection. She will come out in time and move around. I'd say give her a week.

Sakiuu OP October 2nd, 2023

@cheebsra

You’re right! Patience is key. I haven’t had a new cat in so many years that I feel like a complete novice. I hope a week is all it takes :D

f4db9851-42a1-4c85-a336-986bfde19c65_1696205539.jpegDoesn’t she look so sweet? <333333

I am so in love, Cheebs 😭

33a0cb31-21c0-45e0-9493-7894c7e8cfb2_1696260208.jpeg

I asked my building security to go into my unit and quickly check on her, I feel so worried and protective and she’s so cuuuute

Sorry for spam 😭

“How will I take revenge on this person named Saki for kidnapping me from my family . . .”

1fcd4dda-7d7a-4a13-bee0-c37a918d91b4_1696271403.jpeg

“Oh! I wasn’t thinking anything malicious, why?”

1be66a39-f3b6-4917-9e5a-589292e31751_1696271426.jpeg

Sakiuu OP October 3rd, 2023

Cheebs, I . . . also might be getting a new dog this week? o.o

cheebsra October 3rd, 2023

@Sakiuu

Dang girl. Good luck to you and your new babies. I hope everything goes smoothly.

Sakiuu OP October 3rd, 2023

@cheebsra

o.o A very eventful week for me

How about you though? Enough about me and my new puppy

cheebsra October 4th, 2023

@Sakiuu

I'm okay. Just trying to flow with life. Animals are great. Wild as ever but happy I'm home all the time again. It's just been quiet mostly. Not much going on lol

Sakiuu OP October 4th, 2023

@cheebsra

Wanna see the new puppy?

cheebsra October 4th, 2023

@Sakiuu

Of course

Sakiuu OP October 5th, 2023

@cheebsra84559ca6-ca84-463f-af14-33d407b7c433_1696473012.jpeg

cheebsra October 5th, 2023

@Sakiuu

Beautiful babyyy