Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Am I in the wrong for defending a situation

tealLion9329 April 28th

I had shared a heavy topic with a listener and this person started to say that I needed to get facts , they could be lying, the situation sounds suspicious extra..

Since I know this situation best I was questioning this person with how can they be lying when they openly shared the information? Why should I get facts when it comes to the loss of someone from their own family? It doesn't make sense. 

So then they said go on keep talking to them. See how much your feeling is right. And I responded with, about them loosing a family member? And then they accuse me of being hostile and blocked me.

I don't feel that I was being hostile at all. This friends situation has affected me and I've been worried about him, so I don't see how my confusion towards this listener is me being hostile.

I'm glad that I don't need to talk to this listener anymore, but it doesn't feel good to be accused of hostility over a situation that's been deeply affecting you,  I don't know..makes you question if telling complete strangers is a good idea anymore.

tealLion9329 OP April 28th

@tealLion9329 not only that I feel terrible for even sharing such information with someone who chose to be aggressive. 

toughTiger6481 April 29th

I will start by saying this conversation as what you wrote is a glimpse .... went off the rails. 

talking is not always communicating...hard to paint a complete picture when we are writing it out sometimes we assume people follow our train of thought. 

if listener is not able to make sense of items because they feel piece to story is missing or confusing  they could ask for clarification but the word "facts"  is not a good choice.   I have had people answer things with items that made NO sense because instead of asking for me to clear up things they assumed and what they assumed was Not even close....

When we are stressed we do not always paint a clear picture of our thoughts or concerns...... if you felt the conversation was not going well you can or should  defend your point and then end the conversation period.  

The listeners are volunteers and from all over the world......following the layout of someones story sometimes seems confusing  as what has happened is a situation they may never have come across in their life so it may be hard to believe.   

I get it that you shared deep things and now feel like you wish you never said anything .......but in reality being anonymous ... it is just a way to let it out .... 

sighmonne April 30th

Some listeners are selfish and venting in the internet is always a gamble. Your life is your life therefore you know it better than anyone else, if you're faced with this situation again in the future, best to block them and find another one.