Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Autism Spectrum Disorder + Anxiety

Geecat May 28th, 2016

I've written, deleated, forgotten about, and rewritten a personal thread to put up in the classified a number of times now, but I think it's time to use my lack of sleep (so therefore current snap decision making) to its potential advantage - and post this before I remember how scary this is for me. It's probably a good thing that you cant delete your own forum posts on 7cups.. heh..

I get really nervous about reaching out and I've had only a couple good experiences in finding a listener. I talk to a couple people 1on1 regularly but more so as casual friends more than as listener/members in the intended dynamic. It's due time to find someone who can really be a listener for me. Between my mild autism, anxietly, and introverted/private personality, I have a hard time developing relationships. I struggle with some things from one day to the next and I really hope to find someone who I can talk to about that. With my casual relationships with those I talk to 1on1 already, I get warry of asking for too much because I like those relationships how they are and I'm afraid of loosing or altering them. I know I can be a hand-ful and I can go from manic to unresponsive in the blink of an eye.. my mind gets in the way sometimes... so I guess I'm looking for a more patient listener (who can be a more formal listener) who is just as okay with spread out slow messages sent back and forth as a regular live conversation...

here's to trying to put myself out there!

xx

May 28th, 2016

@Geecat I'd be more than happy to be that listener for you! If you want, you can send me a message and explain further of what you would like out of a listener. I consider myself pretty patient, so I'd be willing to go as slow as you want or whatever way you would like to message each other here is fine. It can be live 1-1 chats or it can be messages sent back and forth to each other throughout the day. It can also be a combo of both, depending on how you feel that particular day. Whatever you prefer! smiley

Thank you for putting yourself out here, I know that can be difficult but I'm so proud that you did it! heart

meltingstones October 4th, 2016

@Geecat I'm an autistic person and pretty introverted so perhaps we can relate. :)

Truthaboutlife October 4th, 2016

@Geecat I would love to help you, I was diagnosed with AS before it was changed but I never got the evaluation so I don't really know if the psychologist was wrong and my mother is too afraid to have me tested, but I do have some of those traits and I can try to relate to you the best I can.

:)