Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Critical Mom

sociableCup626 July 10th

Hi, so I have a question. Does anyone know how to deal with a critical Mom? Let me fill you up. So basically, my mother and I went to the store to get a gift for my friend. I told her I didn't want to go to the birthday party. But she was said "You have to it's your friend" ( And mind you this, she told my friends mom I was going to go, but I didn't want to, because I felt a mess). We got her mascara and eyeshadow. So let's speed this up a bit, fastfoward home the next day. I was in my room, on my phone and she came in. She said " Oh I came in because I heard something." I was like ok, then she saw the the mascara was gone, she yelled at me, first talking about a problem I have( which is sensitive to me), and how I have my period. She was so loud the neighbors could here. I tried to explain, but she would not let me. And she said I lied to her and crap like that. I was ***. And she knows I have a problem with organization.

What do I do? I can't deal with this..

toughTiger6481 July 22nd

@sociableCup626

the best way to deal with anyone you are not getting along with is to TRY to see from their vantage point.... 

If you want to be treated as a more grown up person maybe it is time to have a talk with her on that sort of level.

Take not wanting to go ... going out of force of obligation  does not make a person feel more like going... if you bought things for a gift  and part is misplaced..... as a mom i might not be happy either because being organized helps with many things in life and she may frustrated.  I think parents and children can get along better if they do not resort to "well they know i am this way" excuses.