Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Why am i not sad?

Gettingbettertoday September 3rd

This summer my friend. Actually my only friend that I have had for 30 years has ghosted me. 

We went to school together, in the past lived together, and up until this year saw weekly. 

There is one thing bothering me about this is that it is not bothering me. For some reason I don't care one way or another. I know I should or at least a normal person would but it turns out i am far from normal in this respect. 

BlueDarkAurora September 4th

@Gettingbettertoday There's no normal defined for situations like this but yeah I guess most people would feel hurt but then again not feeling sad about someone ghosting you isn't not normal either. There could be many reasons why someone leaving like that won't bother us much, could be that they never meant as much, could be that the realisation has not settled in yet, could be that we were already expecting something of this sort to happen and so grieved it internally for a long time or maybe it's just a way for our mind to protect us from the hurt. Hope you be gentle with yourself while you navigate this situation<3